Newbie Fish and Chips Day on the LL

Sorry I kinda snuck out around 11. The wife called and needed me to pick stuff up for her on the way so I decided I better do that before I forget. It was great meeting everyone and I hope I can make it again. Unfortunately next Saturday is a wedding I have to attend...may try and sneak in for the morning hatch, but will have to bail for lunch.

The reason I'm the last one to check in is that I stopped at the "gentlemen's" club on the way home. It takes a while to get rid of 300 dollar bills!

WHAT.......Oh GREAT!!!! I'm not too sure your wife would be happy with you chasing the "gentlemen" around with dollar bills. You let us know this "AFTER" you asked us about a fall weekend trip to the cabin!?! Hey guy I know you are a nice guy and a "decent" fisherman and all but I don't roll like that! You can count me out for the "special weekend" with the guys in a "secluded " cabin. Wow..... Just when you think you know somebody.

I should have known something was up when you started talking about rod lube and the whole kitchen incident with Ed. :-o

I give up, you win. You have no soul! :roll:

Sounds like a great time...next week is coming....

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Yup, Dave - you missed out.

The stream was just about perfect - nice flow, and just enough color so the fish were less spooky.

We were all happy to meet CathyG - she's awesome! Hope she can make it for next Saturday's gathering. We're gonna have a blast!

I'll be there early on Saturday. I'll pack the truck Friday and will just need to pour some coffee in me when I get up.

Based on your posts concerning conditions, I thought the water would be fine.

GathyG is a class act. Haven't hooked up with her to fish yet, but maybe she'll be down again this week.

Only thing left to organize on my side is who will be making the ride down with me. I'm trying to talk my brother in to making the trip and I'm not sure about Dan or Tom.

See you on Saturday!

Holy crow! Is that really Ed with the dollar bills? I knew Gary lost weight. Am I getting members confused again?

Delta_dog is the bearded guy. Fox is the skinny dude being paid off. Ed has not lost weight 'cause he eats too many chimichangas.

Volksnurse wrote:
Ed has not lost weight 'cause he eats too many chimichangas.

I was behind the camera, and laughing so hard I'm surprised the picture came out OK.

Actually, I haven't had a chimichanga since that day we went there. Haven't lost much weight since earlier this year, but I haven't put any on, so it's cool.

Just keep that "Sweatin' to the Oldies" vehicle away from me, and we won't have a problem. I know how you fitness gurus roll. ;-)

Heritage-Angler wrote:

Just keep that "Sweatin' to the Oldies" vehicle away from me, and we won't have a problem. I know how you fitness gurus roll. ;-)

Just promos not to wear you Richard Simmons headband next week. Or spandex. It makes my eyes bleed.

Hey Volks,

I thought the Spandex not associated with H.A. was one of the benefits of fishing the Little Lehigh?? ;-)

djs12354 wrote:
Hey Volks,

I thought the Spandex not associated with H.A. was one of the benefits of fishing the Little Lehigh?? ;-)

Why? Fox wouldn't look good in spandex either.

Yesterday morning was a blast..Yes I got outfished my girlfriend and she landed the only fish of the morning between the two of us but I can take it. Thank's Ed, George and Dan for the all the help and the flies. I will have you know I did get the order in for some waders and boots from Cabelas for her tonight. We had a lot a lot of fun and I think I convinced her to go back next week so we will be there on Saturday morning and this time I'm gonna be doing the catching! Here's the nice rainbow she caught, somewhere around 14-15" with some nice fins.

Attachments

• Carolyn's rainbow.jpg
    Carolyn's rainbow.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 6
I obviously did not proof read that last post before posting it since it is a grammatical mess. So... how do you edit posts?

martin0206 wrote:
I obviously did not proof read that last post before posting it since it is a grammatical mess. So... how do you edit posts?

There is a little edit button down by the reply button under the post but it only allows you to edit for maybe 4 or 5 hours after posting the post. After that you no longer see the button in that post.

Pretty sure the length of time you have to edit a post is only about an hour.

Excellent move getting Carolyn boots and waders. I have a brand new William Joseph "Solo" chest pack for her (google it). We'll sit down and load it up with goodies, and what I don't have extras of, I'll hit the shop up for the rest.

Gotta take care of my "Honor Student". She's gonna outfish all you guys. :-D

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Pretty sure the length of time you have to edit a post is only about an hour.

Excellent move getting Carolyn boots and waders. I have a brand new William Joseph "Solo" chest pack for her (google it). We'll sit down and load it up with goodies, and what I don't have extras of, I'll hit the shop up for the rest.

Gotta take care of my "Honor Student". She's gonna outfish all you guys. :-D

I'll have some hi viz tricos for you both too.

I look forward to seeing Katelyn (yes, I know it's Carolyn) in her new waders. BTW, H-A taught her well. Her casting stroke is better than mine which means I'll be fishing no where near her next week. If DD sees us side by side, he'll be relentless!

I also started a new thread for next week's event, check that out for more info.

Carolyn's new chest pack is stocked up, and ready to go.

The only thing she'll need is a net - if she wants one.

If anyone has an extra one that they'd be willing to part with, I'm sure she'd apreciate it.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Carolyn's new chest pack is stocked up, and ready to go.

The only thing she'll need is a net - if she wants one.

If anyone has an extra one that they'd be willing to part with, I'm sure she'd apreciate it.

I got the net covered.

Back