New Sage Rod

Handle is what? Pictures look like a half wells like an old Fenwick.

gfen wrote:

Handle is what? Pictures look like a half wells like an old Fenwick.

Go to your local flyshop and ask...... Oh ya nevermind

Fredrick wrote:
I would say it is a lighter Z-axis it was windy when I casted it so I didn't get a true feel for the rod plus the guy at tco kept pushing the new winston rod on me to the point that he almost made me cast it . They must get kick backs from winston with how bad this guy was pushing this winston. I do like the new grip though it gives you more power during casting

That's odd. The guys at TCO never pushed anything on me - I hate when salesmen do that. I've always seen the TCO guys as just helpful, never pushy.

Shoulda cast that BIIIX. One can never have too many green sticks. :cool:

Almost got one myself, but I couldn't turn down the smokin' good deals on the Z-Axis right now. I tried like hell to get another 590-4 XP, but they're gone. Still my favorite, but the Z is a better dry fly rod.

I'm gonna name my new Z-Axis "Sophie". :lol:

Frederick's must be Charlene.

I have a vxp and like the tcx so I can't wait to cast one of these bad boys....

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I was essentially gifted a 9' 5 wt ONE rod and all joking aside it is a phenomenal trout rod. Better than the Zed Axis or the Biiix imo. I was super impressed with how it handled dry fly casting at all distances and it is far and away the best streamer rod I've fished. I've yet to nymph with it but found it to be quite sensitive when I was bouncing a wooly bugger off the stream bottom. Only thing that I'm not thrilled with is the grip but I'll get used to it.

I haven't tried a Sage One, but the grip looks like a deal-killer for me: I cast with my index finger extended.

The one is the real deal mine should be by the end of the month.

RowJimmy wrote:
The one is the real deal mine should be by the end of the month.

I'll buy it off of you next year when they come out with the Next One.

Lol I'll keep ya in mind.

Meh, I'm waiting for Number 2.

In all seriousness, I am hearing all kinds of good things about this rod.

Back