New Notice Of Stocking Requirement

Does submitting the notice cost anything besides time, paper, and postage? The needed whys and why nots are fairly clear, as stated on PFBC. Personally, I come up short seeing it as over-reach, unless one feels that submitting a notice will somehow put a name on a list of potential violators. If the pond has always been there, a grandfather rule may apply. If the pond was put in by a property purchaser within the past 50 years, an approval process was likely needed anyway (not just a notice).

I agree with you. Need a lot more baby steps, but this is a baby step in the right direction IMO.

I think that’s where some of the recent “conservation” based discussions lose their momentum. Expecting wholesale changes on a relatively short timetable. Not how this is gonna work. Gonna have to chip away at change, and be happy with small wins.
Don’t you think that this would look a lot better, and people might be more willing to support initiatives like this, if the PFBC was leading by example?

Don’t you think that this would look a lot better, and people might be more willing to support initiatives like this, if the PFBC was leading by example?
Yes.

Again, one baby step of many needed.

Does submitting the notice cost anything besides time, paper, and postage? The needed whys and why nots are fairly clear, as stated on PFBC. Personally, I come up short seeing it as over-reach, unless one feels that submitting a notice will somehow put a name on a list of potential violators. If the pond has always been there, a grandfather rule may apply. If the pond was put in by a property purchaser within the past 50 years, an approval process was likely needed anyway (not just a notice).
I’m just really not a fan of the PFBC sticking their nose in my stuff, when they aren’t exactly the best role model when it comes to doing the right thing. Do we have any evidence where AIS has been introduced because of a farm pond?

Perhaps it’s my location and upbringing that cause me to feel this is much more of an overreach than what other experience. Where I live, townships have very few regulations, HOAs are a dirty word and people just really want to be left alone. I can understand why some of you, living in more suburban settings, might be used to people concerned with your business.

Speaking of commissioners, does anyone have a way to get in touch with our commissioners, who i thought were supposed to be working to represent us?

Nothing seems to be readily available online or in the regulations booklet.

I’m just really not a fan of the PFBC sticking their nose in my stuff, when they aren’t exactly the best role model when it comes to doing the right thing. Do we have any evidence where AIS has been introduced because of a farm pond?

Perhaps it’s my location and upbringing that cause me to feel this is much more of an overreach than what other experience. Where I live, townships have very few regulations, HOAs are a dirty word and people just really want to be left alone. I can understand why some of you, living in more suburban settings, might be used to people concerned with your business.
Maybe this is what they're trying to prevent. 😁

I don’t like HOA’s or any of those kinds of government intrusion into the “business” of private property owners either.

But, when your “business” has fins, and the capability to swim from your private property onto the private property of others, or onto publicly owned waters, I do support there being some regulation of this kind of thing. (Understanding that is not your specific situation. Again, I don’t think your specific situation was the target here, but got caught up in it anyway.)

They're asking for notification of Stocking. I think they already do that. Sounds like by example.

Speaking of commissioners, does anyone have a way to get in touch with our commissioners, who i thought were supposed to be working to represent us?

Nothing seems to be readily available online or in the regulations booklet.

I see no information there on how to contact the commissioners. You know, those mythical people appointed to represent regions in the state, whom some have felt I should voice my concerns with. How do I talk with those folks directly? The people who are actually voting to approve or disapprove things like this.

I see no information there on how to contact the commissioners. You know, those mythical people appointed to represent regions in the state, whom some have felt I should voice my concerns with. How do I talk with those folks directly? The people who are actually voting to approve or disapprove things like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231219_194113_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231219_194113_Chrome.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 11
Last time I checked, the executive director wasn’t one voting.

When I called my appropriate region office, they were unable or unwilling to give me the contact information for the commissioners.

I guess you could call the Executive Director's office, then ask how to contact the Commissioners.

But from what I can see, Cznymph is correct, the website does not provide any information on how to contact the Commissioners. And they should provide that information.

I guess you could call the Executive Director's office, then ask how to contact the Commissioners.

But from what I can see, Cznymph is correct, the website does not provide any information on how to contact the Commissioners. And they should provide that information.
They might be able to, but again the region office was unable to, why would Harrisburg be any different.

Why isn’t this information in the digest or on the website. At the very least the commissioners should have a state email to hear from license buyers in the region that they represent.

I think he's just being lazy.

I guess you could Google him...

Daniel J. Pastore

Hint: push the icon that looks like a phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231219_200243_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231219_200243_Chrome.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 12
I think he's just being lazy.

I guess you could Google him...

Daniel J. Pastore

Hint: push the icon that looks like a phone.
That would be exactly what I did. Perhaps you shouldn’t be lazy and read previous posts.

I shouldn’t have to do it this way. This information should be easily available to license buyers. I don’t have to track down my elected officials at home or their work.

By the way, when you reach a commissioner at their place of employment, they are less than willing to listen to your concerns.

I think short of them calling you. You'll be unsatisfied and prefer to be unhappy.

When you contact them at their place of business, you dont try to bring up issues. You apologize that you were unable find another way to contact him, in spite of much effort, and ask what that method might be and when would be a good time to do so. Manners.

Depending on what your topic of discussion is, you should target those who are paid to handle that aspect. That list was already provided after an exhausting 30 seconds of work. How much does a Commissioner get paid anyway?

I think short of them calling you. You'll be unsatisfied and prefer to be unhappy.

When you contact them at their place of business, you dont try to bring up issues. You apologize that you were unable find another way to contact him, in spite of much effort, and ask what that method might be and when would be a good time to do so. Manners.

Depending on what your topic of discussion is, you should target those who are paid to handle that aspect. That list was already provided after an exhausting 30 seconds of work. How much does a Commissioner get paid anyway?
How do you know that I didn’t explain why I was contracting them in the manner that I did? Are you the commissioner I contacted? You both seem to have the same terrible attitude towards public service.

While the commissioners are unpaid, they do get a stipend for travel and other expenses. Furthermore, no one holds a gun to their head and forces them to take the job. In fact, they are the ones that apply to become a commissioner. The executive director doesn’t snatch them up in the middle of the night and force them to be on the board. If they don’t want to hear from license buyers in their district, they shouldn’t have taken the job.

All I’m asking for is a simple state email address for each commissioner, where licenses buyers can voice their concerns directly to the board. This shouldn’t be this hard.

The PFBC should provide means of contacting the Commissioners.

What they probably want you to do is send a letter to headquarters, addressed to the attention of your Commissioner. Then they will forward the letter to the Commissioner.

If that's what they want, they should SAY that on the website. They should provide those instructions.

To put NO information at all on the website on how to contact the Commissioners is pretty crazy.

The PFBC should provide means of contacting the Commissioners.
I agree. Here's the rub. You didn't elect them. Can you find contact info to directly contact PUC commissioners? Game commission members? Real Estate Commissions?

Go to town. Who's number is available.

Commissions & Councils​

Back