New Little Juniata Postings.

Since many PAFFers will be in the area for the Jam this weekend, there may be questions on access to the LJ River.

To my knowledge, on the Little J parking and walk-in access is prohibited along the River above Spruce Creek in the yellow house stretch > junk yard > and the entire area at and around the bridge and quarry.

Please obey all posted signs. The LJRA is doing their best to try to reopen access to these areas. There is plenty of access to fish both below and above the posted areas.

Just had a podcast with Bill Anderson from LJRA. He goes in depth about the postings as well as many other things.

Any more rain hits the J, your gonna want to wear a PFD to fish there.

I'll be working this weekend and unable to make the JAM, but I HIGHLY DOUBT that Little J will be fishable. Another pounding storm today and a chance of severe weather everyday leading up to the weekend. I think Saturday looks like rain, too. The Juniata and Kish are both blown out and the Little J is only another 35 miles up the road. I haven't checked the flows but I imagine it is in terrible shape. I'm sure Penns is a mess too. I think the best and most fishable water the people who attend the jam will find will be small mtn freestones. This jam may be best enjoyed at the campground talking and sharing drinks.

Okay, after checking flows I think you may be okay. It has dropped significantly since yesterday but we certainly can't see any more huge rain events between now and the weekend.

the J may not be fishable. There is a delay of about 6 hours between a gully washer and recordings at the Spruce creek gauge. There is rain forecasted every day leading up to Friday. Spruce creek contributes so much sediment (from Halfmoon creek pouring into Spruce) and any chance to fish on top will be upstream of Spruce.
This really sucks

Back