Maxima

Maxima would probably be laughing thinking a thread with his name as the topic got 4 pages of responses.
I sent him a paperweight I made with some designs on it one time as a thank you for some leaders. A couple of days later I received a nice thank you note and a crapload of more leaders. I always felt he had a big heart and loved to mess with people via his somewhat cryptic comments. His taste for music wasn’t too bad either.

Guy could catch (and photograph) some really nice fish. His big Brookie that made it to the PFBC’s webpage was the best “modern day” wild Brookie from PA I’ve ever seen. Anyone else remember that fish?

One year at the Jam he forgot his waders, or they developed a severe leak or something, and I remember he wet waded a Sulphur hatch on Spring. In blue jeans.

Agree, he was a good poster.

The brookie that was up for fish pic of the year here a few years ago? Best PA brookie i have ever seen, period

Regarding Maxima, didn't agree with all of his views/posts but damn I hope I retain my enthusiasm for the sport and outdoor life in general when I hit that age. He seemed like he would be a cool guy to fish with and talk to around a campfire up in Potter. I wonder if he talks like he writes?

Regarding Maxima, didn't agree with all of his views/posts but damn I hope I retain my enthusiasm for the sport and outdoor life in general when I hit that age. He seemed like he would be a cool guy to fish with and talk to around a campfire up in Potter. I wonder if he talks like he writes?
Everybody who I've heard of who's met him, has had nothing but good things to say about him. I'm sure he'd be a fun person to fish with, or share a campfire with. He's wise gentleman.

I read almost all of his posts when he was here on PAFF. Some were a bit tough to decipher at times, as he did have a cryptic nature about him, but in the end game he made a lot of sense. I hope the best for him.

Last edited:
I miss his posts. Always enjoyed trying to figure out what he was trying to say. And yes, second his taste in music.
I still have some of the leaders that he tied for me. Very well made.
Sure hope that he is doing well.

Can someone point me to a pic of Salvelinusfontinalis' unicorn brookie? I'd like to have a look for myself.

Didn't know Max but traded a couple of PMs with him over the past couple of years. Like others, he's sent me leaders on a couple of occassions and asked nothing in return. I loved reading his posts and trying to wade through the partial partial song lyrics, paraphrased classic poetry stanzas, an example of good vs. evil, and a personal experience from his time on the stream that he would mash together into a single post.

I did save his return address from one of the leader packs he sent me. I tihnk I'm going to send him a few flies to say "hi" this week.

Can someone point me to a pic of Salvelinusfontinalis' unicorn brookie? I'd like to have a look for myself.

Didn't know Max but traded a couple of PMs with him over the past couple of years. Like others, he's sent me leaders on a couple of occassions and asked nothing in return. I loved reading his posts and trying to wade through the partial partial song lyrics, paraphrased classic poetry stanzas, an example of good vs. evil, and a personal experience from his time on the stream that he would mash together into a single post.

I did save his return address from one of the leader packs he sent me. I tihnk I'm going to send him a few flies to say "hi" this week.
Try this

Got it now. (y) That is a beautiful brook trout. I enjoyed re-reading the responces.
That guy posted those pictures on some of the Facebook trout pages back then. I found them using his name and I saved them to post here. A few with better angles but still blurry unfortunately.
Hell of a fish for sure. The head size shows much bigger in this pic. Had to be close to 16"
I believe this is the one the PFBC posted.
DSC02232

The insight in that thread he posted is intriguing. It's a shame many don't buy into it.

Back