Maxima

Second sentence in your post: Smart man.

Last sentence: Totally agree. It's been a lot more relaxed around here lately.
Who was the Fogel guy? I kinda remember that guy too, no?
That be the artist formally known as Little Juniata

Not a friend of mine.
But I got to know him a bit because he used to frequent one of my favorite spots on the Little J.
He was actually quite a funny guy to talk to

Odd thing though - he never fished.
Just liked to hang out, shoot videos, and BS with fishermen.

I don't think his inane posts were the result of malicious thoughts on his part.
He was just getting up there age wise.
And I think maybe showing signs of senility

Anyway, I haven't seen him there for quite a while now

Who was the Fogel guy? I kinda remember that guy too, no?
Dear Tom,

He was Little J. I know the guy and believe it or not, he is a very nice elderly man who had an amazing collection of rods and fly tackle. He was always interesting to talk with about bamboo rods and he helped me a lot.

Maxima was also a good guy. I've often wondered if I had ever crossed paths with him in Lycoming County in the late 1980's and early 1990's. He is from the area of the county where I spent many weekends fishing back then.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Tim,

Not seeing Little J recently has me wondering.
Do you know what he's been up to lately?

Lots of names from the past that we don"t see anymore. 1weight was a classic, Gfen, and JayL. I know JayL moved to Bozeman but this OP makes me wonder where some posters have gone. I miss Salmonoid, i think that was his name. He posted about his camping trips in PA and his fishing along the way. He wrote great posts. Also, miss NightStalker. He posted some of the most impressive pics of brown trout I've seen on here.
I hope everyone named... and others ... are doing well.

How far back...I can't remember exactly when LJ was posting, I think it was around the time I first joined the page. But 1weight was more recent. I remember that dude was such a chit stirrer that at one of the early NCPA Summits that I used to host at my cabin, BradfromPotter showed up at my front door and introduced himself by saying, "Hi! I'm 1 Weight!"

I literally just stood there starring at him for a few seconds mouth wide open, not sure what to say! Then he laughed and said, "No...I'm Brad".

Lots of names from the past that we don"t see anymore. 1weight was a classic, Gfen, and JayL. I know JayL moved to Bozeman but this OP makes me wonder where some posters have gone. I miss Salmonoid, i think that was his name. He posted about his camping trips in PA and his fishing along the way. He wrote great posts. Also, miss NightStalker. He posted some of the most impressive pics of brown trout I've seen on here.
I hope everyone named... and others ... are doing well.

Salmonoid is fine. I fish with him regularly still. Don’t want to speak for him as to why he hasn’t been active on the forum for a while, but I know in general a lot of the more “legacy folks”, myself included, had soured a bit to the tenor of the board over the last couple years. Yes, things have improved.

He’s fine though. Caught the biggest wild Brown of his life (24”) on our Fall trip to NW PA a couple months ago. Was cool to be there to take the photos and attempt to help net it.

I think this is a special place and been around for a long time because of the community and moderating policies.

Dave

I have to agree with you. There are plenty of places on the internet to go where there are no rules and little to no moderation. I can't even begin to image the amount of work that goes on in the background to keep the site running smoothly (spam accounts, IT issues, etc.). What sets this site apart from others is the ability for topics to generally stay on-topic. With so many diverse personalities, I'm sure it's a bit like herding cats at times, but the mods do a great job.

NightStalker is still around, doing CV things with big brown trout. I'd imagine as time went on that he just chose to keep his operations closer to the vest. Like any community in life, people come and go. Some come back, some never do. Life is ever-changing and ever-evolving. The only constant is change.

I remember that comment. One of the funniest thing's I've read here over the years. :)
There was a thread about private waters, as you can imagine it was full of hot opinions, and Maxima jumped in with (paraphrasing) " I used to fish private waters, but not anymore because I can't run as fast as I used to".
I hesitate to say this but I'm the guy who initially made the post about "private waters".

I have to agree with you. There are plenty of places on the internet to go where there are no rules and little to no moderation. I can't even begin to image the amount of work that goes on in the background to keep the site running smoothly (spam accounts, IT issues, etc.). What sets this site apart from others is the ability for topics to generally stay on-topic. With so many diverse personalities, I'm sure it's a bit like herding cats at times, but the mods do a great job.

NightStalker is still around, doing CV things with big brown trout. I'd imagine as time went on that he just chose to keep his operations closer to the vest. Like any community in life, people come and go. Some come back, some never do. Life is ever-changing and ever-evolving. The only constant is change.
Great post. NightStalker was the "big brown whisperer".

Nightstalker's been off this site for so long that despite being friends w/ him, I forgot that he was even "Nightstalker" here!

How about Heritage Angler...?

I met him by accident at the Little Lehigh once, a real nice guy.

About a year after that he got me into Tenkara by letting me try one of his Tenkara rods on another local stream up the line.

Reactions: CRB
Salvelinusfontinalis

I miss that dude. I dont know him or anything but his posts here were great. I enjoyed his take on things

Salvelinusfontinalis

I miss that dude. I dont know him or anything but his posts here were great. I enjoyed his take on things
I keep in touch w/ him, fished w/ him in GSMNP earlier this Fall.

I keep in touch w/ him, fished w/ him in GSMNP earlier this Fall.
Guy could catch (and photograph) some really nice fish. His big Brookie that made it to the PFBC’s webpage was the best “modern day” wild Brookie from PA I’ve ever seen. Anyone else remember that fish?

One year at the Jam he forgot his waders, or they developed a severe leak or something, and I remember he wet waded a Sulphur hatch on Spring. In blue jeans.

Agree, he was a good poster.

Reactions: CRB
Guy could catch (and photograph) some really nice fish. His big Brookie that made it to the PFBC’s webpage was the best “modern day” wild Brookie from PA I’ve ever seen. Anyone else remember that fish?

One year at the Jam he forgot his waders, or they developed a severe leak or something, and I remember he wet waded a Sulphur hatch on Spring. In blue jeans.

Agree, he was a good poster.
I sure do remember it. It's also the biggest Pa native I've ever laid eyes on. Salvelinusfontinalis is a master of the art. Didn't he mention that he might be back here at some point in time?

Last edited:
I think Sal just hates waders. Here he is, wet wading this past September in blue jeans. We were actually both wet wading, but I was wearing breathable hiking pants haha

Attachments

• saljeans.jpeg
    saljeans.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 98
I think Sal just hates waders. Here he is, wet wading this past September in blue jeans. We were actually both wet wading, but I was wearing breathable hiking pants haha
To each their own, but blue jeans are about the worst thing to wet wade in. LOL. That is funny that he does it by choice.

Salmonoid is fine. I fish with him regularly still. Don’t want to speak for him as to why he hasn’t been active on the forum for a while, but I know in general a lot of the more “legacy folks”, myself included, had soured a bit to the tenor of the board over the last couple years. Yes, things have improved.

He’s fine though. Caught the biggest wild Brown of his life (24”) on our Fall trip to NW PA a couple months ago. Was cool to be there to take the photos and attempt to help net it.
Swattie - Let him know he is missed !

Back