Maxima

I was asking myself the same thing the other day...

He used to post rambling comments, poetry? Frequent contributor.

I asked a while back too. I recently bought some leaders from him (excellent product btw), but I think his children are manning his Ebay account now. Very interesting character

I’ve been reading a few of his posts on the North American Fly Fishing forum recently. I’m also a member there, but I don’t post much there. While some of his posts (okay, many of his posts 😊) are hard to understand, taken as a whole he comes across as a heck of a nice guy, and I wish he still posted here.

He recently posted there that his son is going to stop selling leaders on eBay, and Maxima (he goes by Maxima12 on that forum) said he will be taking that job over. I don’t think he has a lot of money, but he made a post there that he’ll send anyone some of his leaders for free if people will send him a message and tell him what type of leaders they want.

If he ever came back here, I’d love if he had his own sub forum. Some guys complain about his posts from time to time, but I think they contain a lot of wisdom that all of us can learn a lot from (if you’re able to figure out what he’s saying.) 😉

I asked a while back too. I recently bought some leaders from him (excellent product btw), but I think his children are manning his Ebay account now. Very interesting character
I've got a box full of his leaders. I've never even used one, and I've had them for years.

Some guys complain about his posts from time to time, but I think they contain a lot of wisdom that all of us can learn a lot from (if you’re able to figure out what he’s saying.) 😉
A lot of what he says/said is somewhat cryptic, but he is wise. I liked him very much. He should be flattered that we're discussing him.

A lot of what he says/said is somewhat cryptic, but he is wise. I liked him very much. He should be flattered that we're discussing him.
I wonder what made him leave here but stick around on the other fly fishing forum.

Is he a longer and more established member over there?

I wonder what made him leave here but stick around on the other fly fishing forum.

I think perhaps he was pressured into leaving here, I could be wrong though. No knowledge of the other forum.

I conversed with him via PM several times, very likable fellow.

I had the pleasure of sitting on the porch with him, tying a fly, drinking a beer and walked away with a friend, a pocket full of leaders and a box of flies he had just tied that morning.

Heck of a nice guy, his generosity and willingness to help is such a rarity in this day and age.

#neverforget

I believe he never made the change when this site changed... uh... servers? software? (I don't really understand the Internet.) I think that's when I made that.

When logic and proportion Have fallen sloppy dead And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head Feed your head.

I think he was less a poet and more a repository of obscure rock lyrics. I miss him too. He made me chuckle.

I use Maxima (Chameleon)) all the time for the butt sections of my wet fly, bass and carp leaders. It has nothing to do with his leader formulas, I just love the properties of this material in the butt section of a leader.

I would get him mixed up w/ that one dude-1wt. Remember him!? Maxima was always a great read.

Back