Lower Susquehanna Samllmouth

Good to hear that you are enjoying your semi retirement Tom.

SDG wrote:
Good to hear that you are enjoying your semi retirement Tom.

Thanks....I hear you've been an H3 machine!!!....cranking them out.

The Susky has been really fishing good pretty much all season. Early was boat fishing only, but now wade fishing has come into its own with the lower flows.

The River is back to it's top form as a smallmouth fishery, and is comparable to the excellent fishing back in the 90's.

But the dark cloud is, nothing has really been done to mitigate the pollution problems in the Susky causing the sudden population decline.

One can only hope it continues.

Agree with what Afish said about the Susquehanna being back in top form from what I’ve been seeing the last couple weeks. A few days ago the smallmouth were busting baitfish. Didn’t much matter what was thrown at them. Today was another solid few hours fishing Clousers. There have been a nice number of quality fish too. Fun. A pleasant surprise for me.

Fished North Branch Catawissa area last night. Water was up just a bit. Fished clousers on my sink tip line in the deeper runs landed several nice fish. The fishing for me is at it's best right now for the year. It didn't matter if I swung them with no action or striped them across immediately

Back