Letort and the uMngeni

They seem to be doing fine 😂
What help do they need?
They have been under anglers noses this whole time. They seem well equipped being " the most ecological advanced species genetically on the planet."
This gets to the core of one of my issues. We have a ton of protections in PA for brown trout. More now than ever. Those large transient fish came into being without the regulations we have now. There are likely far more of them today than ever before. To the point, I got bored targeting them.

Brown trout numbers are likely expanding all over the state today. Water quality is getting better, there is far more voluntary C&R than ever now, coupled with compulsatory C&R on various waters and various seasons. Fewer people fishing, reduced stocking, more awareness, and on and on and on.

I forgot historically no Letort issues have been addressed without the knowledge of large migratory trout. 😅

Sorry that isn't an accurate thought, factually.

Is the mouth being addressed?
Yes it is, which hasn’t been seen as an issue of concern in the past. And the Letort has been through hell and back. While certain problems have been addressed, most of them have been done so poorly and overall it has been completely mismanaged by the PFBC. I think most local fishermen would agree with me on that, and as it seems based on your wording, you are not a local fisherman.

This gets to the core of one of my issues. We have a ton of protections in PA for brown trout. More now than ever. Those large transient fish came into being without the regulations we have now. There are likely far more of them today than ever before. To the point, I got bored targeting them.

Brown trout numbers are likely expanding all over the state today. Water quality is getting better, there is far more voluntary C&R than ever now, coupled with compulsatory C&R on various waters and various seasons. Fewer people fishing, reduced stocking, more awareness, and on and on and on.
💁

But silver, that's just logic.
Now if we want to feel good, flex some knowledge muscles, take credit for discovery, write books etc, we must proclaim it to the heavens!
But then we must protect them from ourselves, because they seemed to be doing just fine otherwise didn't they

Yes it is, which hasn’t been seen as an issue of concern in the past. And the Letort has been through hell and back. While certain problems have been addressed, most of them have been done so poorly and overall it has been completely mismanaged by the PFBC. I think most local fishermen would agree with me on that, and as it seems based on your wording, you are not a local fisherman.
I fish the Letort fairly often. At least once a week.
Local is a matter of definition.

I fish all over, but I frequent that area often. Including the ones I mentioned .

Who is working on the mouth issue?
Which organization?

I doubt it's being addressed solely by individuals on private property.

I fish the Letort fairly often. At least once a week.
Local is a matter of definition.

I fish all over, but I frequent that area often. Including the ones I mentioned .

Who is working on the mouth issue?
Which organization?

I doubt it's being addressed solely by individuals on private property.
I can’t say I’ve ever seen you there. Would think I would have run into ya by now. CVTU is working on the mouth issue.

Exactly

I can’t say I’ve ever seen you there. Would think I would have run into ya by now. CVTU is working on the mouth issue.
Weird cause I haven't seen you there either. I usually don't see anyone and if I do I move on to another stretch without disturbing them. Strange 🙄

So you think little of CVTU. Clearly they need Eric's migratory fish knowledge to care for the Letort otherwise they would do nothing.

Well I had my fill of nonsensical talk for the day.

Weird cause I haven't seen you there either. I usually don't see anyone and if I do I move on to another stretch without disturbing them. Strange 🙄

So you think little of CVTU. Clearly they need Eric's migratory fish knowledge to care for the Letort otherwise they would do nothing.

I guess everyone fishes the Letort “once a week” or “hundreds of times a year”. Funny because I’d say the same in regards to rarely seeing a soul. I’ll be there today and Saturday, if you want to hold an intelligent conversation in person without yelling at each other on the internet.

Last edited:

To add, just as you said to Eric earlier in the thread, you’re putting words into my mouth. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

To add, just as you said to Eric earlier in the thread, you’re putting words into my mouth. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.
You implied they wouldn't work on the mouth without that knowledge.
It isn't a stretch.

It looks like it. If it isn't, it's amusing.
It's like a bro affair or something.

Guys, not everyone has to agree with you!!!
Get over it😂
Same goes to you! I just thought this forum was to be able to voice your own opinion. I may not necessarily have to agree with you and vice versa. Again, I’ll be on the Letort today and Saturday if you wanna talk about the subject like civilized adults. I would be genuinely interested to hear what you have to say without just going at it anonymously on the internet.

Same goes to you! I just thought this forum was to be able to voice your own opinion. I may not necessarily have to agree with you and vice versa. Again, I’ll be on the Letort today and Saturday if you wanna talk about the subject like civilized adults. I would be genuinely interested to hear what you have to say without just going at it anonymously on the internet.
Yes because I like to spend the fishing time I do have discussing fishing along the banks of the river rather than fishing. 😂

No thanks, I'm good.

Good luck!

The last time I fished the Letort up from the park was a dump. Trash everywhere. Then some landowner came out screaming at ducks and about gave me a heart attack. Anyone ever do a stream cleanup in there?

The last time I fished the Letort up from the park was a dump. Trash everywhere. Then some landowner came out screaming at ducks and about gave me a heart attack. Anyone ever do a stream cleanup in there?
Not that I’ve heard of recently.

Back