Lehigh river

Today flows were very good did not feel in danger wading in any spots might be the same tomorrow

I wouldn't mind meeting up to fish if any of you guys are interested. I have only fished up there once or twice

Chef do you normally fish the whole day out there? Thru the evening hatch. I got ur number if you dont reply here i will call u in a while

We will be doing a short float from Glen Onoko to Jim Thorpe late afternoon. Wave if you see a grey raft. Good luck and be safe.

Wow! 400 cfs and water temp low 60's from the dam. Now is the time to take a day off work and hit the Lehigh before the next release weekend.

There is a WW release this weekend correct?

Confirmed, and no fishing releases until October. What a waste of a resource, just when its time for good fishing we blow it out with a whitewater release, shame

Typically, this time of year going forward fishing releases of less than 400 cfs are not needed. The water is already low enough to access the river.

Fishing releases are necessary in the spring when inflow to FEW is high and typically the river is blown out.

Whats the wading like at this flow level? The wade chart made it seem like it might still be difficult so i have been holding off because i don't know the river, heard about the danger, etc

I crossed it today at Btown...sooooo not too bad. I mean in that section it was cake compared to the Ausable. Lol

I fished sunday for a short time checked out an area above rockport which i have not fished before caught a smallie and had a trout on. The river was fine for wading if your new bring a staff

Becker I will be fishing Thursday, want to grab some wings after?

I'm thinking about maybe fishing Friday before the white water. Any of you guys who have been out there lately seen any sulfurs...

Tim

Wading should be OK at this level. Always bring a staff, no matter what level.

Sulphurs are still on, but hatching later in the evening around dusk. The smaller ones are the dominant species now.

The big olives should start soon and Slate drakes too. Caddis are always around.

The river is at a good level for surface activity and the fish should be keyed on the bugs.

SBecker wrote:
I crossed it today at Btown...sooooo not too bad. I mean in that section it was cake compared to the Ausable. Lol

Heck yeah brother! Hey, I'm actually determined to hit the Lehigh later this week or the weekend, what about you? I wanted to make Lunkerfest but I had a training weekend with my hunting dog chapter then.

Drunellas and caddis mixed with sulphurs. It is chocolate milk currently.

SNJChef wrote:
Becker I will be fishing Thursday, want to grab some wings after?

What was the name of that place we all went last year? Those wings were pretty damn good... I think it was in Bowmanstown.

We do not speak of the secret wing spot. Lol

Back