Last fish before moving to the East Coast...

EcoDog

EcoDog

S5HRCj7.jpg

It looks like it would be tough to give that up! You'll have to replace it with some beautiful eastern native brook trout.

wildtrout2 wrote:
It looks like it would be tough to give that up! You'll have to replace it with some beautiful eastern native brook trout.

Yes it was. This 18" bow is from Lost Creek, a small stream that pops out of the ground fed by glacial melt from Mt. Lassen and the dives back into the porous lava a few miles later. Looking forward to discovering what this new area has to offer...

Where you headed to on the East?

Jay_H wrote:
Where you headed to on the East?

We ended up in Slower Lower Delaware, but have lots of friends and fam in MD and PA. Posted on this forum looking for trout spots to fish in PA and got a few great leads...

PA was the only place I agreed to move back to from Idaho. I felt your pain. But you will find excellent fishing here. Good luck and safe travels.

No native rainbows over.

Fished that area in CA a bit- Lassen Creek for Goose Lake Redbands, upper McCloud for Upper Sacramento redband. Trinity river for salmon and steel. I enjoyed the pleasant angling of Hat Creek as well.

Look at the PA fish and boat website for their interactive maps- this is really all anyone needs to fish. You obviously possess above average intelligence since your one of the few that have managed to post a picture. Hee Hee.

EcoDog wrote:

We ended up in Slower Lower Delaware, but have lots of friends and fam in MD and PA. Posted on this forum looking for trout spots to fish in PA and got a few great leads...

What part of MD? MD also offers some great opportunities to catch trout, bass and saltwater fish.

tomgamber wrote:
PA was the only place I agreed to move back to from Idaho. I felt your pain. But you will find excellent fishing here. Good luck and safe travels.

Oh, Idaho. On the South Fork of the Boise, I tried every fly in my quiver without success until tying on my first Chernobyl Ant. Fish after fish ate that humongous sponge! Moral of the story listen to the local fly shop's advice...

acristickid wrote:
No native rainbows over.

Fished that area in CA a bit- Lassen Creek for Goose Lake Redbands, upper McCloud for Upper Sacramento redband. Trinity river for salmon and steel. I enjoyed the pleasant angling of Hat Creek as well.

Look at the PA fish and boat website for their interactive maps- this is really all anyone needs to fish. You obviously possess above average intelligence since your one of the few that have managed to post a picture. Hee Hee.

Yep, lot's of great water in the Shasta region. I was born and raised in Mt. Shasta and fished the upper Sac for decades. Our place there was right above Box Canyon on the Sac. Hat Creek, Fall River, McCloud and the alpine lakes were my home waters.

And BTW, posting pictures on any of the older forum platforms is a challenge to be sure.

EcoDog wrote:
tomgamber wrote:

Oh, Idaho. On the South Fork of the Boise, I tried every fly in my quiver without success until tying on my first Chernobyl Ant. Fish after fish ate that humongous sponge! Moral of the story listen to the local fly shop's advice...

South fork has a huge giant stonefly hatch that seems to last for months. SF is one of those feast or famine waters. one of my favorites.

Tom, I also spent some time in Idaho (eastern ID).

I'm kind of giggling at all of the names that are similar between CA and ID.

Lost Creek, South Fork (of the Snake), Fall River, Box Canyon.

I guess these are descriptive names, and kind of like Laurel Run or Spring Creek. i.e. there's a bunch of them.

pcray1231 wrote:

I guess these are descriptive names, and kind of like Laurel Run or Spring Creek. i.e. there's a bunch of them.

You're right. The west has less cultural and more geographic/geologic references in the naming of streams and features.

One of my faves is Mud Creek, not so much because of the mud, but why it happens.

Here's my Box Canyon, about a mile from the old homestead and the official start of the wild trout section of the Upper Sac...

C4HG1MV.jpg

pcray1231 wrote:

so true.

pcray1231 wrote:

There is a Lost Creek in PA too. And plenty of South Forks. And several Fall Brooks, Fall Creeks, and Fall Runs. But no Fall River.

Back