Ladies Night Swap

I heard on another board that Kim passed away yesterday. Terrible news

Oh, man. I’m very sorry to hear that. It was a bit strange that we just didn’t hear from him for some time. He took his fly swaps very seriously. My deepest sympathy to his family.

Oh no! If that's the case, I'm so very sorry for Kim and his family. That's horrible news.

Didn't know him long but what little I did know, he seemed just as committed to his community that he was to the forum.

I'm sure he'll be missed by many.

So sad. I saw the message on another board too.

Condolences to his family. He will be missed by many of us.

That's terrible! He was such a positive voice on here. He seems to have been pretty active in fly-tying. Does anyone know what happened?

That's horrible news. Condolences to his family. I really enjoyed his swaps.

Very sad to hear that. Very friendly and knowledgeable.

Very Sad, prayers for family and friends, he will be missed on this forum greatly. He was very gracious in hosting the Fly Swaps, and always included extra flies and material. Plus he was always the first to welcome new members to the forum.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear about Kimba.

This is a family member posting on behalf of wwKimba. I regret to inform you that he passed away March 19th, 2024. I will be posting more information when it becomes available. If you have any questions/concerns please email flypantrybook@gmail.com

Our deepest condolences for you and your family.

Sorry for your loss.

My sympathy goes out to Kim’s family as they mourn their loss.

So sad to hear about Kim's passing. He was a very positive influence for fly tiers. I've participated in several of his swaps (including a previous Ladies Night Swap).

I've hosted swaps before. Since most of you have already tied your flies, would you like me to take over as swapmaster just to finish out the swap for everyone? It would be a shame to see the swap fall apart after Kim put so much effort into getting it going. I'd like to see it finished just for him.

If everyone is comfortable with that, each of you just needs to PM their name, address, and basic contact info. I can reply with mine. After you receive my info, you can ship your flies out and i'll update the board as they are received.

Here is the list of what people signed up for to date:

1 - dc410! - Rainy's Popcorn Bal
2 -Terry Murphy - Beck's Bugger
3 - lazlow- Spotter Midge
4 - jeffroey - Nadia Stancev's Wasp
5 - whheff - Holly Theriault's Maple Syrup
6 - patchezMDM - Mary Kuss MK Sulfur Emerger

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Last edited:
I am not part of the swap. Somehow I mentioned a fly pattern and it was assumed I would be involved. Sorry for the miscommunication.

So sad to hear about Kim's passing. He was a very positive influence for fly tiers. I've participated in several of his swaps (including a previous Ladies Night Swap).

I've hosted swaps before. Since most of you have already tied your flies, would you like me to take over as swapmaster just to finish out the swap for everyone? It would be a shame to see the swap fall apart after Kim put so much effort into getting it going. I'd like to see it finished just for him.

If everyone is comfortable with that, each of you just needs to PM their name, address, and basic contact info. I can reply with mine. After you receive my info, you can ship your flies out and i'll update the board as they are received.

Here is the list of what people signed up for to date:

1 - dc410! - Rainy's Popcorn Bal
2 -Terry Murphy - Beck's Bugger
3 - lazlow- Spotter Midge
4 - jeffroey - Nadia Stancev's Wasp
5 - whheff - Holly Theriault's Maple Syrup
6 - patchezMDM - Mary Kuss MK Sulfur Emerger

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.
Thx Bocianka. I made the same offer to the swap participants but took the conversation offline to PMs while others were adding their condolences.

So sad about Kim. Responses here and on about 4 other forums I follow all say the same thing: a significantly positive influence on the fly tying community and the forum communities at large, without exception.

I think we're okay closing this one out and we're talking about how to donate the flies that would typically go Kim, in his name.

My condolences to Kim's family. I participated in a few swaps and he was very helpful for us fly tyers. He will be missed.

Back