Lackawanna Thursday

B

Bobert540

I have an appt Thursday morning but was looking to sneak in a few hours on the Lack. The usgs in archabald is at 440cfs but dropping. Will it be worth the trip since I'm in the area Thursday? I have only fished it once from the fly shop down along the path. Any help is greatly appreciated and If anyone is free you im always up for meeting members on the stream. Cheers!

Short answer likely yes.

It should drop by then but somethings to consider:

I don't know if they are getting more rain. generally speaking if the lack is double its historical flow on the gauge, it can be very hard to fish/wade. Wading the lack can be treacherous so please be careful, it is very deceiving.

There are plenty of good small wild trout streams in the area if the lack is a no go. Do some research.

It's always worth a try if you have the time, it beats working. If it is up, fish streamers primarily around the stream edges and slack water eddies.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it! I did some exploring before I fished behind the fly shop on the Lack and I know why you say be careful wading. It can be tricky for sure!

I took your streamer/water advice today and landed my personal best brown on the local water. I have never fished muddy water but today changed my perspective.

I will give the Lack a shot if the time is still there. Thanks again!

I didn't end up making out due to being under the weather. Levels look a lot more favorable today so I may explore a bit.

Any recommendations on where to explore?

It's quite scary looking when the water is up, and it's always slippery. Just be careful whenever you go.

I was only able to put an hour in today with no success but it was. Ice to be outside in the fresh air.

Back