Keystone is pure magic..tell em Maxi

I agree, you two could be brothers!
I'm hoping to re-ingage into some PA charm this fall, taking 10 days, maybe more, truck, tent, rods, reels, beer. Hit the road, fish where I haven't, check in on friends, meet new ones, and just explore parts of PA that I haven't yet, and a few old favorites. Fall is my fishing time, the time of leaves falling, the smell of the woods in change, the brookies colored up, the temps cool, the rainy days that seem like they won't end. It's all good, and I'm looking forward to it all.

Maxima12 wrote;

Robert Bock, long ago owner of The Little Store, Roscoe.

When I used to fish the Beaverkill (1965 - 1996) I used to go to the Little Store almost every Weekend for something. I bought my very first pair of wading shoes there - Weinbrenners with studs in the felt. Up until then I was a boot foot wader guy. Never went back to boot foots after that.

It was really an old fashioned country store. One half was pretty much fishing only. Some fly rods, a couple reels, lots of flies, lures, all sorts of fishing tackle and the other side of the store was clothes, toys, housewares, and just about anything you needed other then appliances.

Is Mr. Bock still alive? I've not been in Roscoe for at least five years and that was the first time in at least a decade.

Canoetripper wrote:
I am born and raised in, and currently reside in Pennsylvania. I first moved to West Virginia after I graduated from high school(1977).

I loved it and have been a frequent tourist ever since.

After I graduated from Juniata College(1982) I moved to New Iberia, LA.

In 1988 I moved to Greensboro, NC and stayed there for 18 years. I was a traveling salesman and my territory was NC, SC, TN, VA. I love the south.

I think though that I will remain in PA. I have waited a long time for my membership in my R&G club in the western Poconos. I really have no desire to fish anywhere else.

I don't care that the fish are stocked. Where else can I go east of the Mississippi and just have 3 miles of roadless stream and 820 acres pretty much to myself? Sometimes I just like being in a wilderness environment all by myself.

I love PA.

I still haven't unlocked WV. I have to drive at least an hour for good trout fishing, and there's a lot of small stream smallmouth action around me. But man. It's not PA.

I agree, you two could be brothers!
I'm hoping to re-ingage into some PA charm this fall, taking 10 days, maybe more, truck, tent, rods, reels, beer. Hit the road, fish where I haven't, check in on friends, meet new ones, and just explore parts of PA that I haven't yet, and a few old favorites. Fall is my fishing time, the time of leaves falling, the smell of the woods in change, the brookies colored up, the temps cool, the rainy days that seem like they won't end. It's all good, and I'm looking forward to it all.

Good for you man. I enjoyed fishing you at Andy's cabin in the fall.
Im with ya, my favorite time to go out fishing.
Enjoy it!

I can't say I read much of what Maxima writes, but when I do I feel like I somehow clicked a wrong link and am now reading about psychedelic mushrooms instead of fly fishing in PA.

PA, PA, the keystone, the rock, heaven that you can touch. Spread the word, tell all that will listen and tell it twice to those that won't listen. Sing that song.

The wild dogs cry out in the night as they grow restless longing for some solitary company. I know that I must do what's right as sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serangetti.

The Poconos are calling, the Laurel Highlands need you too...but you must first ask....How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

I move around this state on a magic carpet while looking through a kaleidoscope. Do you know what I see?
I can see inside you, the sickness is rising. Don't try to deny what you feel.
It seems that all that was good has died
and is decaying in me.

Nice Pink Floyd toss in there krayfish. Never figured you for a Floyd guy.

Pink Floyd, Toto and Disturbed references. LoL

I haven't been on here in a few years. When did we lose the 10's of thousands of posts? They switch up servers or something?

I know they did several upgrades and inactive accounts might have been purged to some extent but I'm not exactly sure

Right on. Was still able to use my user ID and password but noted I have 42 posts, of which 3 or 4 were today.

Thinking back, did you or B or "other Jeff" have a Tool sticker on the dash of your vehicle?

Josh had the tool sticker on his boat

That's it. Can't believe I remembered that. Anyway, moved from Reading to Lancaster a couple months ago. If you want to hit the Susq sometime for some smallmouth and catch up shoot me a text if you still have my number.

I'm going to guess that was lost a couple phones ago so shoot me a PM

Jdaddy?
This was a magic carpet ride.
LOL.

jdaddy wrote:
I haven't been on here in a few years. When did we lose the 10's of thousands of posts? They switch up servers or something?

Welcome back jdaddy.

Same crew around here.

Yeah, Kray is correct - there have been some upgrades and glitches that blew out the old post count. I'd guess I'm somewhere north of 15K posts now since I joined the site in the mid 00s and posted as "Fishidiot."
It makes old timers who don't post as much seem much less active than they have been. In the end, I don't think it very important.

I trolled this thread so hard, I broke a downrigger :-o :-D

Jdaddy?
This was a magic carpet ride.
LOL.

My magical carpet has been floating around the globe for a couple years now. It's been quite wonderful, lol.

You were just out in MT with J right?

Welcome back jdaddy.

Same crew around here.

Yeah, Kray is correct - there have been some upgrades and glitches that blew out the old post count. I'd guess I'm somewhere north of 15K posts now since I joined the site in the mid 00s and posted as "Fishidiot."
It makes old timers who don't post as much seem much less active than they have been. In the end, I don't think it very important.

Yeah, it's been a while. Crap I am getting old. I am hard coding the BBcode because I didn't remember the handy buttons.

So where are we talking about the 2021 Jam?

I trolled this thread so hard, I broke a downrigger

Breaking the downrigger is fine. If it doesn't break, you sink the ship.

As you know, never go out with someone without a good knife.

Back