Jersey salt in the fall

I still the the main body of fish is up north. Raritan bay is loaded with fish right now. I've been out in north jersey a few times and didn't hook up but people I know are starting to pick them up. This weather isn't helping to get them moving. Not that I'm complaining about 70 degree days in nov.

Next week could be really good. Great moon and night tides.

Thanks for the update, iPhish. I was contemplating between this weekend or next to try the salt game again.

The fish reports I'm reading out of DE still sound slow.

It getting to the point where we keep saying the fish are still to the north and its november - maybe they just are not going to show up?

Each year it is getting worse and worse.

theres fish all over, some big fish being caught off of the beach today.

north or south?

The head boats in the north are having good days and not-so-good days on school size fish, legal fish, and large blues mixed in.

That has also been my experience in the first half of November...good days and bad...or sometimes long days with little to show and then a blast at the end. The week before Thanksgiving and the two weeks or so thereafter seem to be the best time for consistency, so these reports of good fishing or fish all over combined with comments like where did they go or maybe they won't show don't surprise me at this time of the year. Patience is a virtue.

lots of 20 and 30 pounders off of I.B.S.P. the last 2 days, boats and beach. bunker all over.

Leave the fly rod home and throw plugs! They are down to central jersey and hopefully further south soon. I only bust out the fly rod for the back bay.

you are missing out on a lot of fun not throwing flies out front too. I plug (wood) also but when they are in close like now I use flies, BIG flies on a 12 wt. best chance for 20-40 lbers.

Did yinz see the video of the little boy pulling in a 41# striper on the beach at LBI?

Reports from Betty and Nicks sound good. Although sometimes you have to take them with a grain of salt.

Sounds like the winds are a bit harsh though.

Sandfly,
Any updates on the NJ beach fishing? I might head out next week. I might be fishing the LBI area or possibly IBSP.

I was there on Tues. and no action. It was hot from Fri.-Sun., but action dropped off quickly. It may pick back up again, but you need to be willing to move around to find them.

It's been very spotty. When it's on it's on. When it's not it's dead. The fish have been showing up for a few days somewhere then they are gone. Boat guys have been doing really good. From the surf it's been right place right time.

They are still catching in north jersey so there are still fish on the move. Get out and find em.

It's been very spotty. When it's on it's on. When it's not it's dead. The fish have been showing up for a few days somewhere then they are gone. Boat guys have been doing really good. From the surf it's been right place right time.

That's just normal any year, you'll never hit it steady for days at a time. its not one big school but hundreds of schools and bait moving through.

Still going strong with shorts and big bluefish. LBI has not seen a lot of fish they hit barnegut inlet and head off shore till cape may then come in along Delaware at cape henlopen. they are getting bass in the canal there in the 20 lb. class. then head back out after that

Back