Jersey salt in the fall

Can't wait till this comes out https://vimeo.com/ondemand/runningthecoast?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vod-vod_purchase_notification-201408&utm_campaign=10309&email_id=dm9kX3B1cmNoYXNlX25vdGlmaWNhdGlvbnxhZjNkODg2MzkyMjBlNjVlZjNhNGViY2YxMTc1M2IxMTc2NnwxMzc3MTQzMHwxNDQzMzIyMjM0fDEwMzA5

That video looks cool. Seems similar to all of the SIFF films that Peter Laurelli does. Some of his shots were in that trailer. I've been waiting for SIFF 15 but haven't seen anything but the trailer.

You can view all of them here: https://vimeo.com/114389348

I've been waiting for SIFF 15 too, hope nothing bad happened.

Was there ever an actual video for '14? I only ever remember seeing the trailer. Fingers are crossed for a new one as well.

I believe 14 was the one i was referring to. Got my years mixed up. Yes, only a trailer for 14 thus far.

I was hoping, when I saw this thread bumped, that someone was fishing since the storm passed.

I never had much luck fishing right after a big storm hits. I'm sure that allot of people have had similar experiences. I might head out sometime in the next few weeks probably post a report of my findings .

Fredrick wrote:
I never had much luck fishing right after a big storm hits. I'm sure that allot of people have had similar experiences. I might head out sometime in the next few weeks probably post a report of my findings .

^+1 to Fred.

Report from Betty & Nicks:

10/5/15 UPDATED 9:26 AM We should start to straighten things out today. Hopefully we will see some anglers on the beach soon.

The good 2011 STB year class has apparently materialized on the Massachusetts coast much to the delight of at least one shore angler for the past few weeks. His catch rate has been spectacular.

during and after the storm has always produced fish for me. if the water is muddy after then its slow till it starts to clear. back bay is producing fish right now.

Thanks for tips, y'all.

I'm thinking of heading to DE within the next couple days to see what's happening.

jersey has all new bars and holes along the beach, should draw the fish in.

sandfly wrote:
during and after the storm has always produced fish for me. if the water is muddy after then its slow till it starts to clear. back bay is producing fish right now.

With the amount of fish left these days I just don't see that as the norm anymore

I'm going to head down to DE tomorrow. I'll report it if there's anything worth writing home about.

The fishing sucked. The fish haven't showed up yet.

I spent the majority of the second day participating in OC Cruise weekend.

Another week or two.

I know people who are getting bass now along the jersey beaches. another week and they will be coming down the coast. they are hitting in montuck

If they so desire, it will not even take a week. A striper tagged by us near the mouth of the Schuylkill River was caught 19 days later at Cape Cod.

Mike wrote:
If they so desire, it will not even take a week. A striper tagged by us near the mouth of the Schuylkill River was caught 19 days later at Cape Cod.

Good conversation. Stripers can move far distances in a short amount of time. If temps are right and bait (food) is plentiful the stripers will stay in the area before moving down.

Most years when Montauk is hot, things are only a week or two away from happening in northern NJ. The past few years a few days in mid November has been the best time to hit the beaches.

The boat anglers can move around and find fish. In the last few years the window of good surf fishing in NJ has been very tight. You have to be there when the fish are there. 5 or 10 years ago, one could schedule a trip anytime in late October well into November and likely get into some action. Now it is skunk city for most anglers unless you're there at the right time and place.

Good luck to all.

I'll be heading down to DE next weekend to test the waters. We fish CHSP though and that seems to be more hit or miss than IRI.

Back