Jamboree 2007

Just how big is this trout Derby?

Does it fill up the campgound? The streams? Would it be better to move down toward the Petticoat Junction?

Just tryin to get a grip on the gravity of this trout derby.

The campground doesn't fill up. The tourney is held between Galeton and Rexford or Ansonia. Truth is, the canyon would be pretty close to being empty during the contest, and that's pretty nice water to fish down there.

from the bridge on colton rd. down into the canyon is empty during the tourney....plus all the tribs are open and no pressure..SING, you been listining at the shower window again Festus???? :-o :-o :-o i gots to get more chickens the ex. took the last bunch, going to order some next week.... :-D :-D might even get a pheasant or 2 :-D :-D :-D

I'm, Ok with either weekend. Those who know the locale should recommend based on the events that were discussed and how they may impact the fishing and our ability to get around.

My vote is the weekend in May

As of now, a weekend's a weekend to me. It's all the same. Until I go back to classes from internship, I won't know which one will bring more work... So there's no use in nitpicking.

I'm good for whatever's decided by everyone.

If the derby or the race aren't going to affect the fishing or camping conditions for either weekend, I'm ok either way...If I had to pick I'd vote for the june date. But I'm ok with May as well.

I'd love to attend. Is there any registration?

ian_brown wrote:
I'd love to attend. Is there any registration?

You just need to show up and introduce yourself. Usually people indicate on the forum whether they are coming in the week or so leading up to it so that we can look out for one another. A meeting place is usually announced ahead of time for a campfire gathering Friday night and then further proceedings are arranged from there. A coffee station is a nice addition for Saturday morning, so people can meet up for the day's fishing. Saturday night is usually another campfire and Sunday morning coffee too.

The campfire gatherings are BYO- whatever.

Maurice

Thank you for the offer to drive me, I may take you up on your offer,but you have to promise me now to drink a lot of coffee on the way up :-D

Festus

Do they have cabins for rent at the CG's? I did see where they have that camper for rent, which would be fine. To old to sleep in a tent on the ground anymore!

Paul

I have a big old coffee maker. Looks like June 1st. I'll get the pavilion reserved. Next thing we need to do is figure out who needs camper rentals and such. I'll leave the reserving of the campers up to each of you.

Paul,

I'll get a camper with ya...We should reserve it soon.

Maurice

No cabins Paul. Beings it's just after the Memorial Day holiday, I'd give Sylvia a call and get something rented. Might outta see if the $50 a night camper has bunks. That's a nice camper.

sounds like you guys will be right around the cornor from my cabin. maybe ill stop in.

Ill definatly be there, i only live about 30 min away from Sandfly...just let me know what camp ground and what time and date....looking forward to seeing you all...being this will be my first Jamboree!!!wooohoooo :cool:

Back