Jam food

those who were awake at 3am learned the power of jebus. the rest of you will have to wait.

straight chili, david wins. hot, but not for hot's sake. it was flavour.

phish_on's salmon was tasty, but i'd kill your mothers for the tenderloin caps.

slackleader's gumbo was just about perfect after i'd eaten wayy to much and wanted to jam mroe crap down my throat at the fire ring.

old lefty's wife makes the best fatherloving sticky buns i have ever had. no stupid nuts, just the right amount of goop, none running down my fingers when done.

Ahhh I wondered who made those sticky buns. Freaking awesome.

I was just wondering if any of the individuals that made food for the Jam would be kind as to share their recipes? All of the Chili's were great but I truly loved that batch that was in the big black crock pot and the red one!! I love spicy stuff!! Oh, and that green gumbo was incredible too!! All of the food was great and thank you to everyone that took the time to make it.

red pot ruled!!! thanks Dave!

mooney4 wrote:
I was just wondering if any of the individuals that made food for the Jam would be kind as to share their recipes? All of the Chili's were great but I truly loved that batch that was in the big black crock pot and the red one!! I love spicy stuff!! Oh, and that green gumbo was incredible too!! All of the food was great and thank you to everyone that took the time to make it.
Black pot was Boyers I think.

pcray1231 wrote:

My favorite dish was the buffalo chicken dip. That was addicting.

Thanks! I slaved over it for at least 10 minutes. :-D

Here's the recipe:
16 oz. softened cream cheese
1 cup of ken's blue cheese dressing.
1 cup (+ more to taste) Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce
1.5 cups of Philadelphia triple cheddar shredded cheese.
20 oz. of chicken (shredded, sliced, or however you like it. I pull a roasted chicken into pieces).
Mix, and heat in oven for 20 minutes at 350, or throw in crock pot.

As for the chili, I only tried HA's. It was great! It gets my vote by default.

Other items I tried and enjoyed. The salmon, the grilled meat that was beside the salmon, and the sticky buns. (Thanks Rick for getting me to try those).

Thanks to everybody who contributed!

id like to stumble across the recipe for those tenderloin caps those were awesome all of the food was great from what i had good job guys ! my vote goes to david it was the right amount of heat and sweet

Sasquatch, I'm the guy that said I left the seeds out to make it digestible. Mine was the green pork chili. I agree with csoult, if the red pot was much hotter it wouldn't have been edible. I will leave the seeds in next time. I know my crowd a little better now. I'm used to cooking for Western PAer's that don't know how to eat hot food. Where I'm from in Colorado we put that stuff on everything. From eggs in the morning to beef burritos at lunch and fish at dinner. Green chili on everything!

Oh yeah my bad! Leave the seeds in, dawg! The Squatch likes to feel the burn...goin in and comin out!

Zenherper's cheese dip (I think that's what it was....in one of PCray's pictures I'm pointing to it on a picnic table) had some punch to it too! He said it was Louisianna Hot Sauce. Love that stuff.

Yep, thanks to Phish for putting everything together. Great getting to meet and talk with you and Phish (the other one) by the way...we'll have to get out and hit one of those spots we discussed! Definitely a small world knowing how times I've eaten at your restaurant!

My dish was the Sloppy Joes...white crock pot farthest right. I think they were quite frequently mistaken for another chili entry...that's what the rolls were there for guys! Probably should have labeled them, and that's my bad. Anyway here's the recipe...this is for a single batch which makes a good 8 sandwiches or a dozen sliders...I did a double for the Jam.

1 lb ground beef
3 or 4 celery stalks, diced
1/2 a large onion, diced
1/2 a large bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced finely or pressed
1 can Manwich SJ sauce
3 oz's Franks Red Hot
2T yellow mustard
2 dashes Worcestshire
1T brown sugar
S&P to taste

1. Begin to brown the ground beef. When it is about 3/4 of the way cooked, add the celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until the beef is fully browned.
2. Add the Manwich, Franks, mustard, Worcestshire, and brown sugar and simmer until the sauce thickens up a bit.
3. Season with S&P to taste. Make sure to do this at the end...the Franks will add a good bit of salt so you may find it doesn't need any.

That seems like a lot of Franks, but keep in mind Franks is a pretty mild hot sauce. If that's too much heat, just tone it back some. I like them on a potato roll with a slice of American cheese and a dill pickle on the side.

Yes, the sloppy joe's were good, but the baby backs, oh, the baby backs.....

Swattie just let me know anytime!

Thanks for the positive reviews on the chili. Glad everyone enjoyed!
I tasted just about everything there and cant say there was anything less than delicious. Thanks to all for participating and bringing some great eats! Better than most restaurants.
My chili vote goes to Boyer....good stuff. But, boy, it was tasty all around. Green chili...great! HA chili...great! All good stuff!

My favorite dish of the evening was the "Slackwater Gumbo" Man I had three bowls... and that was AFTER I tried everything else. But really all those entrees were worth of a meal if not the prize.

Tenderloin caps

First off you will need the caps of whole tenderloins. They dot sell it in the market so save yourself from looking like an azz. Only way to get them is to clean tenderloins yourself.

Marinate (this is not measured out, when you have been doin it as long as I have you know when it's enough)

Cattlemans sweet an tangy sauce
Hot sauce not Tabasco anything like franks
Crushed chilli flakes
Granulated garlic
Raw garlic
Cumin
Black pepper
Sugar
Oregano leave

I think that's all.

An the salmon if anyone wants it

Brine
Brown sugar
Salt

Let sit in brine overnight or longer. Smoke over charcoal or wood either or. I used charcoal at the jam, cause its quicker. You can season with what ever you like. I like to use carribean jerk seasoning. Which I forget to put on at the jam. It would have really took it to the next level.

Figured I dig up this old thread. Cause we gotta eat.

Ill list everyone's dish. Similar to last year. An this year maybe we can do the chilli cook off again, an actually pick a winner?

Yes let's get it on again! Saturday night, Squatch is gonna be hungry!

Should I bring.....clam dip!?

I will bring the jalapeño popper dip and cookies like last year.

Back