Is this year going to be another washout?

I didn't even realize how intense that rain was and I slept right through it.

I was pretty darn close when I said I got about 6 inches. A friend down the road has a rain guage and he checked it while letting his dogs out. 6.3 inches in 2 hours! It was still raining at the time so he ended up with over 6.5.

I don't watch much news these days, so I Googled it.

One article says Kinsman Ohio got 5 inches of rain in a little under an hour? Total that morning probably exceeded 8, and the dam couldn't take it.

Fortunately nobody died or got hurt, but an entire neighborhood is now isolated.

Then it rained again Saturday evening.

Florida weather.

Just be glad it isn't SNOW! GG

As I said before, best year in ten! Let me correct this, best year in 20. If your not fishing, your loss! Sometimes the people who tell you not to fish are just protecting their investment. Funny, how the money seeps into your mind. Now, Maxima12 who chooses not to obey Mammon, says, "fish, fish, fish and keep fishing". Next year, your fishing will not have hurt a thing. And another year will follow. To stay home, will hurt fishing, now and future!

So, fish, fish, fish, a day will come when you fish no more!

Maxima12

maxima12 wrote:
As I said before, best year in ten! Let me correct this, best year in 20. If your not fishing, your loss! Sometimes the people who tell you not to fish are just protecting their investment. Funny, how the money seeps into your mind. Now, Maxima12 who chooses not to obey Mammon, says, "fish, fish, fish and keep fishing". Next year, your fishing will not have hurt a thing. And another year will follow. To stay home, will hurt fishing, now and future!

So, fish, fish, fish, a day will come when you fish no more!

Maxima12

Some good points there.

Maybe I'll fry up some perch this weekend.

gulfgreyhound wrote:
Just be glad it isn't SNOW! GG

5 inches of snow in an hour? I throw another log or two on the fire. 5 inches of rain in an hour? Maybe I should tie the rowboat to the deck on a long rope.

an Ark might work better.

Would ruin my view from the deck.

Smallie action has been amazing down here, boys! But I still haven't caught a trout in WV

One inch of rain = 10 inches of snow. How does that measure up? GG

gulfgreyhound wrote:
One inch of rain = 10 inches of snow. How does that measure up? GG

That is a reasonable estimate of how much water is in snow, but nature doesn't work that way.

Well, technically all rain starts out as snow, but I seriously doubt that there has ever been 50 inches of snow an hour.

This was a thunderstorm driven by warm moist air, and cold air can't hold nearly as much moisture.

Back