HuntfishPA.com

There are several reasons you need to show identification including your social security #. The first reason is so deadbeat dads do not get the privilege of hunting or fishing in our state. This also is a good tool to locate criminal for appreciation. However I believe the system needs to be reconsidered and cleaned up.
If you want to be a licensed fishing guide in Pa you need to apply for it. After jumping through some hoops you need to send the information including a copy of your fishing license. Really! It is there license!!!!
I have had discussions with the folks in charge and there explanation is our computer does not talk to there computer. Really come on, it is not 1919. I can not imagine any business I have dealt with using that excuse.
Yep, my buddy's ex can't get her license because she owes back child support. Deadbeat Dad wouldn't work in that situation. Would she be called a Moocher Mama or Mendicant Mom?

again, if you have a PA driver's or non-drivers license (Picture ID card) , you don't need to give them your SS#. They already have it and will just swipe your card when you buy a fishing license.

Who thinks of this stuff...?????
Ironically, it’s a fed requirement placed on the states. My recollection is that non-compliance would have put a stop to fed funding for states hunting and fishing programs, such as Dingle Johnson monies.

Last edited:
There is plenty of room on Facebook for political discussion. Lots of experts there too….. this is a fly fishing website.
^ YOU TELL 'EM HOP!!!!(y)

Political posts were deleted.

Fly-fishing related posts are welcome.

My 2 is I agree the PFBC/PGC site for purchasing licenses is pretty lame, so I purchased a five year license just to not have to deal with it every year.

From my understanding there wasn't a single PA company that bid on the contract to produce the licensing tool and technology that is HuntFishPa, for all you tech savvy folks that complain about it, perhaps you should bid on the next contract and make it better!

Having purchased a license online since the PAFBC started offering that method, it could be much easier.
Other State's systems work much better and are easier to navigate through.

I have had mixed results in other states. In Montana last year it can be a bit confusing if you are using a short term non resident license, then you need to buy conservation stamps and other add ons. On top of that you also have to get an individual ID number before you can purchase a license the first time. After driving 30 hours straight through to missoula, the online system was down. Walked into a flyshop at 7am to find the system was down for them as well. Luckily we chose to go all the way into missoula as there was a fish and wildlife office where we could obtain paper vouchers.

All that to be said, other states are far from perfect. It's been a few years since I purchased a West Virginia license, the fishing license was easy there but I recall a number of hiccups trying to buy hunting license and deer tags online.

I think a little bit of the problem is most folks visit/use the site once a year or maybe every 5 or 10.

During the time we are not using it, they make changes to the website and folks are unfamiliar.

At least that's why I screwed up this last time... ;)

just did this. took one minute. meh
Dear Tom,

Exactly. But blaming the government for one's own inability to navigate a simple website trumps everything, heyna? ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Back