Humpinator reciepy

Martin, that John Wayne quote is one of my favorites! Good stuff right there. Come to the jam next year and you'll be in the clique and get a cougar all the while drinking to the sun not exploding :pint:. Hell you can wear anybody's hat while being a name-dropper there. Unfortunately, you will be on your own on the humpuwhatever deal. Maybe if you go to a fishing website, tell everybody that you have a secret and they can't have it, then tell them they are clicky and that they ruin fishing for kids while killing puppies sombody would be kind enough to teach you how to tie a fly that they "invented" out of two flies that have existed for years. :cool: Don't say "Hi" or "nice site", just get right into berating the regulars. That's the best way to make friends. :-o. Oh, and tell them Billy Pate sent ya'.;-)

Boyer ;-)

OOPS........And to the sun not exploding :pint:

Boyer

Heck, you can have my hat... if you can stand the smell!

Thanks for the kind words, I guess I do belong. My shrink told me to repeat that to myself 20 times a day. He also told me that "a paranoid person is never truly alone" - I'm my own clickity/clique.

Pad, I'll wear your hat anytime.

My next favorite John Wayne quote is "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

So there....

Oh, nice board fellas, keep up the good work, patterns, secret stream turn-by-turn locations, and did I mention patterns?
:p

Why must people criticize others to feel better about themselve?

If someone makes an accusation of me starting a thread about a fly I created, then jumping in on it to get "publicity", be able to back it up with some facts. That is what I did, and still you find fault. quote "brilliant" end quote.

Remember, this is all about me not sharing a fly pattern. Pathetic, isn't it.

Jump off the bandwagon, not on it.

Michael Foreman

Seems like I/we used the perfect secret fly.

Click

It's about coming in and making a scene, followed immediately by essentially saying "nothing to see here, move along".

So... Nothing to see here, move along.

I'd say your beef is with the guy who posted the video to YouTube. Who was that? The whole thing started with someone asking about a recipe they saw "advertised" there. If you want this to truly end, you should contact the guy who posted the videos (five in all) and have them taken down.

For my part all my comments have been tongue in cheek, and I said so earlier. We can delete the thread if you want, but the issue will pop up again here or on another board so long as the "secret" is so open.

Fisherboy86 wrote:
Photos of this fly will not be shown.

And people who have it all agreed to keep it secret.

It really does work THAT well.

Mike

MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously, though Mike, although I mighta been ridin' yer *** a bit on this thread, I think your friend Dave might need a kick in the nuts, cuz he just sold ya' out.

Boyer

Oh this is TOO funny. I seem to remember something about "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"???

I wonder how long before they appear on Ebay at $3 a dozen with free shipping....

Hey Jack, that look slike a good one for the Yough...Its also what I'm sure everyone envisioned it to look like.

I knew there was a weak link! I gotta be honest, it is even less a unique fly than I imagined. Other than a few strands of deer hair pulled over the back, it is a stimulator. A very effective fly in its own right, but hardly a secret, nor magical.

JackM wrote:
I knew there was a weak link! I gotta be honest, it is even less a unique fly than I imagined. Other than a few strands of deer hair pulled over the back, it is a stimulator. A very effective fly in its own right, but hardly a secret, nor magical.

And you were expecting?...

I kind of like the one variant with a little color in the wing. I don't know how much of a difference it would make to the fish, but it looks nice.

All in all, I hope this article is NOT the humpinator. I feel bad for the creator to have his secret fly all over the internet like that. And it's kind of a let down to have this silliness be over.

Padraic wrote:
And it's kind of a let down to have this silliness be over.

You can always take solace in the fact that the wild mountain cougar is still at large :p

Hey, maybe I am seeing the fun in this 'secret pattern' B.S!

Jay, DO NOT tell anyone about my double-secret-handshake, Little -Orphan-Annie decoder ring, sun-explosion-preventing, cancer-curing, clicking Ian's Al's Spent-Antron-Wing Trico.

Man.

I started out raging against the secret patterns.

and now I know TWO of them.

clique clique!

All you naysayers, prepare to eat your words. Yesterday I absolutely HAMMERED the fish with my humpuwhatever, and I have a picture to prove it.

...never said that it wouldn't catch fish....in fact reading through the posts, i don't think anyone said it either.

Darn it Ian, you forgot to use the sarcasm font again....

Back