Honey Holes

Swattie87

Swattie87

I wanted to have a safe, secure place where we could discuss our best spots. I hit one of mine today to clean up the leftovers from yesterday.

I’ll tell you mine, after you post yours. 😜

Mmmmm. Tasty Trouts.

69724BBC E45E 41B9 BCBF 5D5EC6AF92C7

I’m kidding of course.

Hope everyone had a nice opening weekend. I fished a small, non-stocked wild Trout stream Saturday and caught (and released) a few wild Browns. Walked nearly 6 miles, had the place to myself (it’s a mile and a half from a road), felt good. Fished a stocked stream today and caught about a half dozen or so, the first three of which won’t need to worry about the water becoming too warm for them in June.

Looks like my dinner yesterday.

After a day of catching and releasing wild trout. . . whacking two or three stockies makes for a nice outcome.

I fished a Class A stream in Centre County that was supposed to contain all brookies. To my surprise and after fishing about a mile of stream, I caught all browns including some nice specimens up to 12". Not a brookie to be found. The hunt for ST resumes on Wednesday in Clinton and Lycoming Counties. Good luck fellas.

I wanted to have a safe, secure place where we could discuss our best spots. I hit one of mine today to clean up the leftovers from yesterday.

I’ll tell you mine, after you post yours. 😜

Mmmmm. Tasty Trouts.

View attachment 1641224764

I’m kidding of course.

Hope everyone had a nice opening weekend. I fished a small, non-stocked wild Trout stream Saturday and caught (and released) a few wild Browns. Walked nearly 6 miles, had the place to myself (it’s a mile and a half from a road), felt good. Fished a stocked stream today and caught about a half dozen or so, the first three of which won’t need to worry about the water becoming too warm for them in June.
That’s how it should be man! You go to fish a secluded stream looking to escape stocked trout because of the type of angling experience you want to have. Then on the way home tie on some flie you can see from outer space and nab a couple stockers for the pan in under 10 min. That’s a good opportunity to practice your “catch and grease” technique right there.

I try to do that myself but sometimes much like getting Schmirrnoff iced, punch buggied, or punker by Ashton Kutcher, I get an unwelcome surprise at the wild trout stream. I hike out there expecting to catch some stream born fish then all of a sudden BOOM you’ve been “Stock-Blocked” and theres an finless deformed hatchery rainbow in the net that looks like if it could talk it would whisper out “end it please…..with butter and garlic.” We all know they don’t always stay where their put and I know it’s happened to you after either driving a long distance to find a better fishing experience on your off day or trying a new stream. Share your stories, air your grievances….let the healing begin.

Back