Holsinger's Fly Shop

W

Wet_Fly78

As a new person to fly tying, I called Holsinger's Fly Shop in East Freedom and had an awesome interaction with Ron Holsinger. He didn't steer me towards anything extra, and gave me suggestions for exactly what I was trying to do. Also Ron was very good about taking the time to explain denier vs ought. The patience he had with explaining the different hackles, threads, and politeness will make me check with them first for all the tying materials I need. Now I am ready to tie 50 Partridge and Orange, 50 March Browns, and 50 Woodcock and Hares Ear soft hackles.

Shawn and Ron are great people to work with. You picked a good shop and won’t be disappointed. I’ve fished with Shawn. He’s a great teacher too.

Shawn has some nice tying videos on YouTube

They have great tying videos. And I like listening to there podcast at work.

Agree with these thoughts. It's a great fly shop to stop into, as they stock everything needed for fly fishing and tying. As a fly tier, it's nice to see a shop that carries modern fly tying materials. Both Ron and Shawn are packed with local knowledge!

You couldn't ask for better people to buy from.

I've never been to the shop live and in person but have bought from their website many times. Excellent pricing, service is super quick and shipping costs are minimal. Can't ask for more.

I, too enjoy the videos. They were at the MD FF Show. We had an enjoyable conversation. I am also a customer.

I met those guys at the PA FF Museum Heritage Day a number of years ago. Nice folks. I have ordered from them even though I live in the Catskills now as they are good people to deal with.

They're right up the road from me. I've had such a good experience buying from them that I just order pretty much everything I need fly tying wise from them. If I can't make it to the shop I usually have it a day or 2 later at the latest in the mail. Great people.

Back