you have to find some like these:

Attachments

• !CCpj3gw!2k~$(KGrHqV,!hME0fcp2rRcBNL0)FU0+Q~~_12.jpg
    !CCpj3gw!2k~$(KGrHqV,!hME0fcp2rRcBNL0)FU0+Q~~_12.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 6
  • !CCpj5Jg!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!isE0GgD00+kBNL0)IkU4!~~_12.jpg
    !CCpj5Jg!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!isE0GgD00+kBNL0)IkU4!~~_12.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 3
sorry skilt, I like the package in Biggie's post a lot better. Way too much information hanging over those black and yellows...

About 5-7 years ago i lucked out and found a pair of orvis breathable stocking foot hippers online for $29 bucks..best deal ever..still wearing them..also have a pair of felt soled boot foot canvas hippers which had had years of use...hippers make sense ans are worth it..
John

Haha! Jay,

Just don't bring those things up on the Savage, you'll get chewed up and spit out in short order.

Waist Waders $44 at Cabelas!
https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Waist-High-Stockingfoot-Waders/720751.uts?WTz_l=Unknown

you'd literally sweat your nuts off in those things.

I have a pair that I use for early spring fishing without freezing my cajones off. They are toasty.

I hate rubber hip-boots. I've worn the things on and off for over 40 years. They always felt clumsy and unstable in and out of the water, especially if the current was swift.

Now I use featherweight stocking foots in warm weather and cut down 5mm neoprene stocking foots in cold weather.

I have a pair of neoprene boot foot hippers that are nice for the small streams. Much more comfy/less awkward than the all rubber ones.

Just bringing this thread back. While grocery shopping today I stopped at the fishing section of Walmart and found some hodgman rubber hippers on sale for $15! Originally like 27. Not too bad. Just looked like they were last years model and there were only 2 more left. Just figured I'd toss that out there for those still looking.

I have a pair of those Wal-mart hodgeman's.

I'll tell you, I cannot complain. They were absolutely a life saver in late October goin down Pine Creek Gorge a few days after heavy rain. I was able to comfortably wear them all day while sitting in a canoe and they came in handy. I had to jump out of the canoe several times to dodge some pretty wicked looking rapids with water in the 40's.

If they're $15 at my Wal-mart... I might have to pick up a pair for my little bro.

Back