Hey Krayfish

Where were you guys floating? I only saw like 5 all day and that included mine. Hatches seemed sporadic, we had a few small fish on top early on, but the story of the day was definitely the nymphing.
That "57 boats" was a joke. We floated Shehawken to Buckingham. One 17" rainbow in BP. Then only a few one & done rises all day. We actually only saw three other boats all day. When we took out at Buckingham there were only 4 trailers there.

Ok, piling on me is fine 😁. I'm short on people at the office and hope (really hope) to get there between 9/28 and 10/4. Leave a couple for me! My nephew is standing in the Henry's fork at the ranch sending videos of fish rising. Hey, somebody has to work I guess

I offered to but you were afraid to nymph 🤣🤣
I was high sticking when you were in diapers 🤣 Actually today there were probably 10 drift boats, two pontoon boats, and two fishing kayaks. Fishing was slow. Too bright & warm. We rowed out at 5:00. We did Balls Eddy to Shehawken.

No, no....
You are now dry only guy. 😉. Sure when I offered for you to hop in the boat, you told me you weren't floating around looking at a bobber 😁

Last edited:
Oh you guys floated by me I was fishing my bamboo at the landslide just above Stockport takeout. I saw a few fish feeding but nothing worth throwing a cast to I saw a handful of ISO’s and a few small olives slow afternoon.

No, no....
You are now dry only guy. 😉. Sure when I offered for you to hop in the boat, you told me you weren't floating around looking at a bobber 😁
That definitely sounds like my wise crack. I have caught so many trout (I should considering I've been doing this for 62 year!) on nymphs that I want to give the trout a break. Now cast to rising fish only.

Oh you guys floated by me I was fishing my bamboo at the landslide just above Stockport takeout. I saw a few fish feeding but nothing worth throwing a cast to I saw a handful of ISO’s and a few small olives slow afternoon.
Yes, that was yesterday. I remember calling out to you and we chatted a bit.

I'm going to spend a day wading the West Branch the first weekend of October, I believe. This year for my usual fall Catskills trip, though, my party opted to spend most of the weekend at a rental house on a private pond that comes with a bunch of boats. The 2 non-anglers can drive the anglers around as we hammer a boatload of beers and chuck big streamers to bass 😂 Gonna be a different kind of fun.

That was me too I think . We’re gonna have to start flying our PAflyfish forum handles on a Jolly Roger flag or something. Hope I gave ya enough space, was trying to figure out what direction yall were fishing

Back