Help choosing fishpond pack for montana trip

You're telling me, I'm married with kids and already have a bromance with at least one forumite, I don't have time for this sort of unrequited puppy love with troutslammer.

gfen u can change the subject all you want but the bottom line still remains if the shoe fits stick it in your mouth which you have done a fine job here hats off to ya

troutslammer continually asserting something that simply is not true does not make it true even my 8 year old knows that but then again she is not all that competitive she is a master of capitalization and punctuation though so i should probably buy her a trophy because she won amirite

troutslammer wrote:
gfen u can change the subject all you want but the bottom line still remains if the shoe fits stick it in your mouth which you have done a fine job here hats off to ya

slammer - don't break gfen's bubble, or he'll mount that fancy Euro-nymphing Vivarelli reel on his Euro-nymphing Greys Streamflex rod, and string a couple of Czech nymphs on his leader under his Euro-nymphing sighter. Hypocracy knows no bounds with gfen and his state of denial. :lol:

Sucks on your Greys, actually. Isn't heavy enough. It does, however, prevent tip bouncing and wrapping the line when you pull up the excess.

Shame, it's such a sexy looking reel. You picked the nicest one, too. Your gold reels make me envious, and that's impressive for someone that has 40+ reels.

Is it a wind up, or just a multiplier action on the lever?

There's no death limit on reels, btw. :)

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Shame, it's such a sexy looking reel. You picked the nicest one, too. Your gold reels make me envious, and that's impressive for someone that has 40+ reels.

Is it a wind up, or just a multiplier action on the lever?

There's no death limit on reels, btw. :)

Its kinda neat, no spring. No handle! Just the lever.

You pull it up, and it spins the main gear. This in turn spins the other gear that'll turn the gear on the back of the spindle. There's a clutch assembly in the spindle gear that'll engage the drag (internal to teh spool, I never bothered, its good as Geno had it set).

You can actually play the fish off the reel if you needed to, but more than enough as soon asyou get a fish on, you just give the lever a pull and all the loose line comes up.

OK - that's just off the scale on the cool meter. Amazing.

And you wondered why the hell I'd want that, eh?

You should see it go when you pull the handle, whee! A good squeeze'll probably retract 10-15+ feet of line.

I wish it had a handle and counter balance, or two handles (to counter balance). I also wish I'd have sprung hte extra cash and bought the full plastic one, coz one of these ain't enough.

Back