Harmans

Harman's just stocked brookies (2 to 3 lbs) and browns (2 to 3lbs). This is the first time we've been able to find these size trout in brookies and browns. It will be our last stocking of the year. Based on water flows, and temps.. Fishing should be great thru late June.

I was a great weekend. I even fished for 3 hours Sunday AM. 3 of the trout I hooked on Sunday were BWO top water. One 4lber gobbled it up like the pellet head is was.. But the brookie (12"), glided to the top from a hidden pocket and sipped the fly.. 4lber broke me off. Lost the last BWO in my vest. Unprepared as usual.

Hope you guys remembered are fishing a free country because of our fallen heros. Harman' support Project Healing Waters Quantico and Ft Belvior.

Just a note to those at Harman's.. My lovely wife blessed me with a 71st birthday gift of a weekend at the "Fisherman's Dream" cabin there and a "dream" it truly was... I hope all who love flyfishing take the opportunity to enjoy all the comforts Harman's has to offer above and beyond the trout fishing...

FAS

My wife and I booked a cabin a cabin starting September 8th, but it is not looking good for our trip. The women we spoke to said that the North Fork is exceptionally low this summer which means that the fish won't hold well from the Spring Stocking and they may not do the Fall Stocking.
Maybe we will cancel and go to the Delaware instead.

A quick response to this post about Harman's. The water levels at Harman's are normal for summer. We typically see low water in July/August. We are currently holding trout on all sections of the stream. Our water is not great, or even good. But we have a few holding spots where trout survive, then scatter as the water temperature lower and volume increases.

Our stocking programs is consistent year after year. We have always stocked on or before labor day weekend. Water temperatures fall enough that our trout survive thru the fall, winter and spring from Labor Day forward. On occasions we stock earlier than Labor day.

Harman's stocking schedule:
http://wvlogcabins.com/fishing/stocking-schedule

Finally, one small 2" rain in the region will bring the water levels to normal. Last year(2013), our water levels were great all summer and we held trout on the whole property thru the summer.

Looking forward to our Fall trip down there. We have a cabin booked for a week arriving on October 25. From the stocking schedule it looks like there will plenty of fish. I also hope to fish Seneca Creek while we are there. Is there a closed season in WV or any other regs that I should be aware of?

WV fishing is open year around.

Harmans's water levels have improved over the past two days. This is an example of how unpredictable the water levels can be during the summer. With two days of rain our water levels have improved. Here is the link to a water guage about 4 miles downstream of Harman's.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?01606000

Back