Hagermans Run Lycoming County

Troutbum15

Troutbum15

Has anyone fished hagermans run in south Williamsport for brookies? It looks pretty promising but I havent had the chance to go fish it.

Looking at it on the satellite view on Acmemapper.com you can see a large quarry up there, close to the stream.

And downstream a ways you can see a plume of sediment flowing from the stream into a reservoir.

Most to all of the stream is posted along 554 (from what i saw). There could be some open spots in the upper bit, but i could not find any when i was up there to visit my college. That was a year or two ago now so give it a drive and see! There are some nice brookie water on the other side of the mountain.

The majority is private, owned by Williamsport Municipal Water Authority, and closed to fishing.

With all of the public land in the area, I would use my time on stream wisely by fishing on the public land. Very few people are on those streams most of the year, they like to fish where the "Fish here" signs are.

If it's on water authority ground do not attempt to fish it. They are pretty aware of what goes on around the property. I did some research on the property while in college, and even though I had a parking permit from them and would inform them when I would be out there, I still had one of the employees waiting by my car when I would leave.

Back