Fly Casting Competition

nyflyguy wrote:
Hello guys was reading the thread and I am interested to do some casting with you guys. The only problem I have is I live in westchester ny but would be willing to meet in pa. Maybe by the saucon creek on rt 78 ? Anyone in that area? Thanks.

I live 5 mins away....let me know

Any good place to drink beer afterwards!?

The 24th is creeping up quickly. I'd say we need to lock in a location and time and get an accurate count on who's planning on attending. Maybe we need to start a new thread to finalize this?

I can take the lead on the casting stuff unless someone else wants the job. Someone else can take the lead on the other particulars. Let's "get 'r done."

Dave R.

I am in and I still think we should meet in Milesburg. I wanted to pin the field I was talking about on Google maps, but can't on my phone.

Think I figured it out.....
Dropped Pin
near Oaklawaha st.google maps

You may want to reconsider that field Becker. I think the guy across the tracks maintains it and has been throwing people out who park in there. There is a park on the way in...why not there?

Hmmmm I did not know that Maurice, but we had close to 20 cars parked there and there were no problems. Park js fine with me, was just trying to keep us away from the pavilion area and an area with shade.

Well I never got thown out of there but Dryflyguy did once...said the guy acted like he owned it. Maybe he had an off day people were parking there when it was wet or something.

Just bring an extra case of beer and shove it at him...who would have the guts to throw us out? I think its owned by the power company or maybe the boro.

Someone should call the Milesburg boro and tell them what we want to do in that area. See what they say.

That grassy field is owned by West Penn Power. If you decide to go there, I recommend not driving back on the grass and dirt. Because it is getting badly rutted.

Instead, just before Commercial Street goes over the rr tracks, and just before the rutted dirt track, take a hard left onto an old gravel/asphalt road that goes alongside a chainlink fence, towards Spring Creek.

This old road deadends near Spring Creek and you can park there. From there it is a short walk in the upstream direction (south) to the grassy field.

I've parked and fished and walked through that area so many times from 1987 up to the present, and no one ever told me to leave, and it's never been posted against trespassing.

Either the park or this grassy field should be good options.

I'm definitely there.

I dont know the area so I can't make any suggestions but Troutberts suggestion sounds good to me.

So whats the dealio dudes?

I'm going to be there.

need a ride MO?

I'll be up there early to fish and then will start cooking some food around 11am with hopes of setting up a course and casting around 12?

who's in? lets get a count

In, plan on arriving in Milesburg at 6am to fish.

wanna meet up?

you pick the spot, I'll even let you catch a few before I clean up!

list so far:

Oldlefty
TimR
Becker

anyone else?

I am sorry Tim, you know I can't fish with you, I have showed you too much already.

Of course, Pm me on FB and we will figure it out.

Let's wrap this up today so I can firm everything up. I'm leaving tomorrow early a.m. and won't get home until Friday p.m. I'd like to see some more folks join us. Also, I'm still not sure where we're meeting.

Dave R.

If anybody from the eastern part of the state wants to ride up with me, please shoot me a pm. We can split gas. I plan on getting on the NE Extension Mahoning Valley exit around 4am

MO you coming?

I am going to be at the sheetz in Wingate at the intersection of 144 and 220 @ 0530.

from there I am planning on meeting Señor Becker at a location yet to be determined.

I would like to start cooking in a park around 11am and start the casting shenanigans around NOON.

Back