Fly Casting Competition

So, how many do we have interested in getting together? And, from where would you be coming?

Dave R.

Phil and I from Allentown. Tim is from Lancaster. I am pretty sure all three of us that have chimed in would travel to you.

I told you guys in an earlier post that you need to put the hoola hoop around your waist and keep it spinning while casting to get real good...I was hoping to have a little fun competition with it and nobody was up to my challenge...

Good luck guys!

I'm in Carlisle & semi interested....if I can swing it, I'd travel as far as State College/Coburn. But don't plan around me, my wknds look booked thru most of July.

So, let's consider when we'd like to get together.

BTW, I still haven't made a final decision on which line I'll be using.

Dave R.

Hello guys was reading the thread and I am interested to do some casting with you guys. The only problem I have is I live in westchester ny but would be willing to meet in pa. Maybe by the saucon creek on rt 78 ? Anyone in that area? Thanks.

I nominate the 24th of August.

those who wish can meet in the morning to fish. we can cast in the afternoon and then BS in the evening.

where do you want to meet?

I vote for state college area since it is probably central to all of us and I'm sure we can find a park to cast in.

just my 2¢

That's one of the few days in August I have available. State College/Bellefonte area is good for me since I wouldn't have to travel far and, yes, we could fish, as well.

Dave R.

alright. Done.

Any good places to cast near Bellefonte? Any parks?

BTW I'll bring my coleman grills. I can't feed ya but if anyone wants to cook on them they are welcomed to use them.

Looking forward to meeting some people!

casting at noon? earlier?

This might work. Gotta see

Oh, come on, Shane. If the desire is there, the time is available you can make it work. So it is for anyone who wants to get together. We all know it'll be fun!

Dave R.

Will be in State College the 24th of August. I would be up for the fishing and casting education

TimRobinsin wrote:
alright. Done.

Any good places to cast near Bellefonte? Any parks?

BTW I'll bring my coleman grills. I can't feed ya but if anyone wants to cook on them they are welcomed to use them.

The park in Milesburg, where Spring Creek meets Bald Eagle Creek, has plenty of room for casting on the grass. And picnic pavilions.

Thanks troutbert.

how's that sound guys? sounds good to me.

I'll plan on being there earlyish fpr feeshin. maybe like 5:30ish.

casting practice at noon?

chime in.

The Milesburg Park is just one possibility to consider.

To use a pavilion, there is a fee.

Also, no alcohol or pets.

http://www.milesburgboro.com/community-park.html

Hey I like this...I may try to make this happen.

I have a rainbow down there that I would like to tangle with again. Gonna do my best to make this work.

If we don't need a pavilion this location would be o.k. with me. 12:00 noon is o.k., too.

Let's get a head-count of who's coming. I can set up a practice course. While I don't have 30" and 54" rings I have other targets we can use.

Dave R.

There is that big field along the railroad tracks down there. Probably a great spot to set up camp. Could park, cast, and cook there. I still gotta make sure I am clear, but I will bring a table and some hotdogs if Tim is bringing the stove grill thingy.

I won't be able to make the 24th

Back