flies that are easy to tie?

ihrtffishing

ihrtffishing

do you guys know of any simple, yet effective flies to tie?im looking more so for nymphs or streamers.

Try these:
Zebra Nymph
Pheasant Tail Nymph
Muskrat Nymph
Green Rock Worm
Honey Bug
Green Weenie
Al's Rat
Prince Nymph
Wooly Worm

Streamer:
Bucktails{ Black Nose Dace}
Wooly Bugger
Clouser Minnow

Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

thanks alot. I'll be tying them shortly

I have had a lot of luck with thread midges. Just various color threads (mainly olive, red, brown) on a size 20-24 hook with a small amount of dubbing near the eye. They usually take less than a minute to tie from start to finish.

Walts worm. catches tons of fish and takes less than 2 minutes to tie...

are those midges you are talking about like zebra midges?or are they zebra midges. I've tied zebra midges in the past but never thought about using them around here

I'll try to tie walts worms also. thanks for the help guys

The thread mides I refered to are simply thread on a hook. I taper them the best I can and then usually just black or hairs ear dubbing around the eye.

I second the griffiths gnat for dries. I tie mine mainly in sizes 20-22 and catch more fish every year on them than any other dry.

95% of my flies can be tied in around 10 min or less. I don't get complicated and still catch many fish every year.

All good advise above.

Hares ears, pt, walts worm, SJW, Green weenie, eggs, etc. Tie a ton in different colors and sizes and you should be fine.

My streamers consist of woolly buggers in different sizes, colors and weights, clousers, and an all white marabou. That's about it with a few random things here and there.

ok thanks for all the help guys. i appreciate it

I cranked out a dozen walts worms tonight in about 20-25minutes. They are very simple to tie and definitly catch fish.

Easy. Caddis pattern much like the micro nymphs.

Beadhead, gold or silver.

Tie copper wire at the back,
Then white tinsel, or very light white chenile
Wrap the tinsel to the head then rib the copper all the way forward as well
Dub in a little fur at the head, I use beaver fur, but anything will do really.
Tie it off. Fish. Simple, yet very effective, especially in the trickles for wild or even stocked(blah) brookies. Works on anything really....Except for pike. ;]

Back