Euro rods

All those questions are explained at troutbitten.com. I highly recommend checking this blog out.

Another vote for Syndicate. P2 10' 2wt.

I just purchased a Euro-nymph shorty line from BigY Fly Company for $30. It is made by Rio. It has 2 welded loops, one for attaching to your EXISTING fly line so you can use your rod and it is 20ft long. I haven't received it yet so I haven't had a chance to use it. Instead of spending hundreds on a new rod, reel/spool, "euro line", I figured I would try this first. Check it out on their website.

Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it. Have a good weekend.

I am interested if still available,

dmomeyercpa@gmail.com

Here's an example of why you might want fly line in as opposed to mono. I was fishing Ressica Falls FFO a couple years ago with my cheap ***. Euro rod (10' 3/4) Caught a bunch tight lining and enjoyed the scenery as usual. We hiked in a ways and on the way out a nice hatch brought the fish to the top. Swapped leaders and caught a bunch on top with various sulpher patterns. I suppose you could argue a spare spool or reel would have worked as well, but my line set up didn't seem to hamper my trout catching ability and it was an easy transformation.

This video explains why you might want to use an euro line instead of only using a really long mono rig.

Back