Dryft Primo Wading Jacket

Nate540

Nate540

Hello all

Has anyone had any experience with the Dryft Primo Wading Jacket? I'm looking to get a light weight waterproof jacket that I can layer under and still use on those warmer days. Was out fishing last Saturday and got soaked lol. I just can't find any info on the insulation on their jacket. I'm open to other suggestions my only problem is I'm a big guy (unfortunately) so it has to be at least a 3X which greatly limits me on selection. For those of you not familiar with it here is a link to it I think it looks really good. Thanks for all your help guys in advance.

Dryft Primo Wading Jacket

Nathan Peterson

for that price?? Get a Simms jacket it will last for more seasons than you would expect. I have used their packlight and gortex jackets for years. They will repair these too like their waders.

I agree that at that price I would get a Simms or Orvis but I don't think they have 3XL. I have an Orvis and a Simms and at the same price they are comparable in quality. I'd find an Orvis shop and try on their 2xl.

Yeah the Simms was the first ones I looked at and i tried on a 2X it fits but if I layer up under it i would look like a sausage :)

Well I guess no one has any experience with it so I'll be the guinea pig I guess. I'll post up how it looks once I get it.

So I've had the jacket for a couple of weeks now. I've fished with it a couple of times (not in the rain) and have worn it a few times as a regular jacket on rainy days. First impressions are very good. The jacket looks to be very well made. The water proof zippers are very nice. Lots of big pockets for fly boxes and gear and adjustable wrist cuffs. It's my first wading jacket so I don't have anything to really compare it to but I really do like it. We will see how it holds up in the long run but as of now I would suggest it to anyone looking for a wading jacket in that price range.

Nathan

Is it lined so it would be nice and warm on a 30 degree day or is it more of a shell type of jacket? 300 bones for a jacket seems crazy to me but if it lasted half a dozen years and was truly waterproof I could see getting one.

my buddy has that draft jacket. Honestly I am envious, it is better made than just about every other jacket out there, and it looks nice too.

Back