Done with Haverford Orvis

I have no problem with change and adopting new ways. You may not agree, but you don't know me.

Thanks, though. I've never been called a snowflake. I'll embrace it.
He doesn't know you, but he mighta just tried to sell WT2 a plastic baggie full of $15 split shot!

Coming on a public forum and bashing a shop because it won’t sell you a toxic product.

Face it. Your lead shop Orvis rant is simply a political message. A sign to the forum that you will not make even the most basic and simple change to help remove a toxic product from the environment.

You are literally trying to damage a store for this reason - for doing something so trivial with the goal of not introducing more toxic materials into our trout streams.

The immediate posts by the gas (fuel) gas lighting crew.

Behaving like a special snowflake. You have become what you hate. It will be ok. You can handle it. They are not going to take away your red hat just for making a logical decision to move away from introducing more lead shot in our trout streams. Nobody likes lead in the water.

Don’t be a special Snowflake.
Dear Phil,

we apologize for what we said about hair dye ... and making fun of your knock off leader material, Cortland Level 333 flyline and those little barbed spikes that you stick into the end of the 333 so you dont have to learn a nail knot.

You've had your 5 posts - now leave us be.

Five pages of (mostly) lawnmower talk and not one single mention of using goats. That's shamefully surprising considering I'm guessing at least some of you hail from the Tucky part of Pennsyltucky.

I've been mostly watching this thread since the subject Orvis shop is one of my local fly shops as well. I don't visit it much anymore either. In the handful of occasions I need fly tying material and can't wait to receive it by mail, the TCO is the much better option for selection and service.

I carry split shot. Hardly ever use it. Bought it so long ago I couldn't tell you if it's lead shot or something else.

I remember when I bought it my selection choice was more centered around the size of the shot and the size of the holder.

If you want to get rid of lead shot and sinkers do what most people do when they want to get rid of something. Drive down a road, make sure no one is around, then throw them out the window.

I chose to not respond to such nonsense. I'll just have to accept that I'm a special snowflake.

You started a thread on a public forum to bash a local Orvis shop specially because they won’t sell you lead shot. This bothered you so much you want to damage the shop. You want people to lose their jobs? Close the store? What is your actual goal here.

All because you specially need to keep using a toxic product that will harm our fisheries. There are multiple alternatives. Snowflake.

PS-you can get "lead free", AKA tin weight split shot, Eagle Claw brand for $4 at the Walmart.

Not marketed for, nor sold in, or priced for a fly shop though. So it may not be suited for your particular sinking needs.
I've got some tin Eagle Claw hanging on a peg board in my garage right now. It's a good bargain.

Actually, no one brought up politics at all until you inserted a political meaning into someone's post about the implication that a "fly shop" would not and should not sell lead shot.
Oh stop. Of course it was. Same with the lawn mower talk.

I honestly could care less about anyone’s politics. But calling out a shop, by name and location, for not selling you lead to fish with . . . It’s not cool.

It sounds to me like the employee was simply parroting what he watched, or remembered watching in a training video.

Back