deer hair plugs

rhbuilds

rhbuilds

what size thread do i need to tie/spin deer hair plugs. i been using 6/0 and its too weak and breaks. is 400 denier correct?

I like UNI Big Fly thread, but any 3/0 should work fine, and if you're really willing to splurge, the Kevlar/GSP threads are supposed to be the best for spinning hair, but I'm cheap and they're a little pricey for my blood...

I don't like the kevlar type threads as they cut the hair. A good 3/0 will do fine like sniperfrack said.

thanks guys.

So the 3/0 works for you guys? Whenever I use the UNI 3/0 thread it always ends up snapping. Buit if I use Danville 210 I never have that problem. Anyone else have that issue?

I use Gudebrod GSP. Its just about unbreakable, but it won't cut through the bobbin like kevlar does.

It will cut through hair if you cinch too hard, but cut hair or snapped thread...Which is more annoying?

Cut Hair, Thread is not a problem if i break it. cut hair is a pain, I also use "a" rod thread

RH - I have a few spools of Kevlar which I rarely use. Since you live like 2 blocks away, I'll gladly meet up with you and give you one. let me know.

I also use Gudebrod GSP, which is no longer in production. Once you use that, everything else seems inferior. Since its basically a floss, you have to pull pretty hard to cut through the deer hair. You have to be more careful about applying force to the kevlar threads because they don't flatten out as much.

My second choice would be Ultra UTC 280.

Back