Dark Hendrickson

wbranch,

send me an adress and I will ship you some to test out for me

CDC and comparadun hair are WAY overrated if you ask me.

Green do you use elk it deer hair instead

"CDC and comparadun hair are WAY overrated if you ask me."

To each his own if you ask me.

Whatever happened to JayL ? I gave him some catskill style Hendricksons and haven't been able to find out how they worked? The George Harvey method of using 3 hackles is the way I tie them , occasionally 2 hackles and real wood duck flank not dyed , they are a very good all around fly very much like an Adams someone said and it's true , they can pass for many dark mayflies. Wbranch..........I know your pain brother , i'm 57 , no pup , i lost my left leg 10 years ago at work but i'd still give that rowing a go...i gotta assume you do the Delaware.

osprey wrote:
Whatever happened to JayL ? I gave him some catskill style Hendricksons and haven't been able to find out how they worked?

He took your dries (and the rest of his belongings) and headed west awhile ago.

Did some hiking and fishing with him in Montana last summer. He's loving life out there.

osprey wrote:
Wbranch..........I know your pain brother , i'm 57 , no pup , i lost my left leg 10 years ago at work but i'd still give that rowing a go...i gotta assume you do the Delaware.

I would row you both down the river and never want to fish. You set it up and I would come up and row for you two for the day.

Would you suggest a Catskill style for something like a QG which emerges on the stream bed and swims to the surfaces as a dun already?

A QG soft hackle is fine for imitating a QG hatching.

Chaz wrote:
Would you suggest a Catskill style for something like a QG which emerges on the stream bed and swims to the surfaces as a dun already?

A QG soft hackle is fine for imitating a QG hatching.
Example?

JayL got to move to Montana.......he deserves it. For a young fella he was very nice and polite when it came to this ol one legged fogie. I hope he has a great life there.......anyone that sees him , tell him Osprey says hello. SBecker.........thank you very much for the offer. I can still wade with the help of a prosthesis but boats are looking better as time goes by. Thanks again Beck.

Back