Crew/boot height or Over-the-Calf

Which sock height do you prefer of these 2 do you prefer?

• Total voters
Dear Sylvaneous,

I can't vote for both but in truth when I plan correctly I actually do wear both. I'm a diabetic with circulation problems in my legs. Because of that when I dress right I wear thin knee high compression socks and cover them with thicker wool boot-mid-calf height socks. In colder weather the compression socks work great to wick condensation and sweat into the wool socks where it needs to be.

But mostly I just put on a comfy pair of socks that go to the middle of my calf and deal with the swelling in my legs later, so I voted accordingly. 😉

Regards,

Tim Murphy 🙂

Reactions: CRB
I'm an over-the-calf guy because I hate sagging socks. There are limited choices in knee highs that aren't snow sport socks. They often have a shin padding . I don't know how that would be. To supplement my supply, I got a Farm to Feet pair. They aren't as nice as Darn Tough, Smartwool or Filson. But they were on sale. I'd include a picture but it's not working.
Given the results of the survey so far, I can see why makers aren't offering many.

I guess these are out???

shopping.jpeg

😉

Crew.

Over the calf? - I can't get the image of an old man with knee high black socks and Bermuda shorts pulled up to his chest out of my mind.

Good price on these knee highs.....

1715457485744.jpeg

why exclude ankle socks. What’s wrong with ankle socks. I wear ankle socks when wearing shorts and crew length when wearing long pants. Don’t tell me you wear crew socks with shorts. Over the calf socks are just downright funny looking.

On a Side note, anybody else ditch white socks. I wear all black socks and have done so for close to 10 years now.

Reactions: NRD
why exclude ankle socks. What’s wrong with ankle socks. I wear ankle socks when wearing shorts and crew length when wearing long pants. Don’t tell me you wear crew socks with shorts. Over the calf socks are just downright funny looking.

On a Side note, anybody else ditch white socks. I wear all black socks and have done so for close to 10 years now.
Nothing wrong with ankle socks but he asked what you wear under waders.

I wear ankle socks for all my sports activities but not with waders.

I’m weird, I prefer the darn near 3 foot long extra thick over the thigh duck hunting socks. At least in cold water. Then I can still wear quick dry pants over them. It’s like having on a pair of sweatpants without the swamp *** on long hikes.

Nothing wrong with ankle socks but he asked what you wear under waders.

I wear ankle socks for all my sports activities but not with waders.
My answer was basically that I wear both under my waders, ankle socks when I go to the creek wearing shorts and crew socks when I go to the creek in long pants.

Back