coolers?

salmonoid and I almost booked that place too, but we gave NWPA the nod for our Fall trip this year.
It was a nice, clean and a good set up for four fisherman. I never went in it, but the lower level looked even better as a rental. A great launching point for the Kettle Creek Valley.

It was a nice, clean and a good set up for four fisherman. I never went in it, but the lower level looked even better as a rental. A great launching point for the Kettle Creek Valley.

They have two units right IIRC?

Yes one on the bottom, one on top. We were the top one. You?
Forget which one we were considering. Both probably, but ended up booking a place further west. Will keep it in mind for the future though.

Lost track of the thread. It was Mashbill that stayed there. Duh
dave -- i had the unit up top ... up a short flight of stairs. think its called Trout Cabin. couple years in a row. Donna the host is wonderful. the place was spotless, had a big fridge with a big freezer to make my ice blocks. had a counter top ice maker i fell in love with. very large living room with BIG tv .. watched alot of Stanley Cup west coast games when i got back from nights fishing. Large propane stove. air conditioning was frigid .... like i like. wifi was flawless.

i would bust out early- fish till 3pm ish --- come back to the cabin, set my chair and table up by the front on the mountain side ... and sip bourbon and eat my sandwich and chips, and stream WSOV music - and not hear another sound. then head out for night hatch around 6pm.

first time i stayed there, sitting outside - i noticed ... " hmm - every tree here is the exact same size ... how could that be? exact same size trunk circumference ..." i studied it later, and learned about the logging industry in Potter County and the clear cutting, that Cross Fork was a bustling town with 3 churches, 2 or 3 schools .... then when the whole area was cleared to the ground for acres and miles, it all moved on.

anyway - a great place to stay if fishing KC ... or hiking up to the Upper KC Watershed to fish upstream of that bridge ( which is breathtaking country ! )

jerry

Nice Digs and watching Stanley Cup Hockey after fishing. Nice!!!!!! My kind of place.

dave -- i had the unit up top ... up a short flight of stairs. think its called Trout Cabin. couple years in a row. Donna the host is wonderful. the place was spotless, had a big fridge with a big freezer to make my ice blocks. had a counter top ice maker i fell in love with. very large living room with BIG tv .. watched alot of Stanley Cup west coast games when i got back from nights fishing. Large propane stove. air conditioning was frigid .... like i like. wifi was flawless.

i would bust out early- fish till 3pm ish --- come back to the cabin, set my chair and table up by the front on the mountain side ... and sip bourbon and eat my sandwich and chips, and stream WSOV music - and not hear another sound. then head out for night hatch around 6pm.

first time i stayed there, sitting outside - i noticed ... " hmm - every tree here is the exact same size ... how could that be? exact same size trunk circumference ..." i studied it later, and learned about the logging industry in Potter County and the clear cutting, that Cross Fork was a bustling town with 3 churches, 2 or 3 schools .... then when the whole area was cleared to the ground for acres and miles, it all moved on.

anyway - a great place to stay if fishing KC ... or hiking up to the Upper KC Watershed to fish upstream of that bridge ( which is breathtaking country ! )

jerry
Thanks. The history of the logging industry in the whole state is pretty fascinating. Glad you enjoyed the place as we did too. Changing it up this year for us and heading to Penns Creek tomorrow for our annual trek .

All good information….so many choices…so many price points to consider. Of course the true key to a truly effective cooler is slathering the outside with all the stickers you’ve accumulated over the years: places visited, fly shop logos, brand acknowledgments, a couple of jam band favorites and at least one Patagonia sticker. That way your cooler is also a nice conversation starter in the parking lot.

Back