Clark(s) Creek - Streams being considered for wild trout designation (and Class A status)

Had a pleasant conversation with the fisheries manager today regarding Clark’s.

From what I gathered, the creek was originally sampled back in the 70s-80s and shown to be a “class c” wild brown stream on section 3, below the dam. This sampling put it on a list for potential consideration. There hasn’t been much in the way of sampling since then, but he said people have been telling him there are more wilds in there now than in the 80s. He’s been eying the creek for survey but there are some logistical issues because they need to sample with pull boats (backpack elctofishers aren’t big enough) and getting those in there is a challenge.

As far as creek being considered for class A, troutbert is right, it will need to be surveyed again and show that it has the biomass to meet the class A standards. If it meets that it’ll be officially proposed for class A. Right now it’s just kind of sitting in limbo on that list until it’s surveyed.m

My understanding was that a stream section is put on the "considered" for Class A list only if there has been one survey that showed a Class A population.

If the most recent survey was Class C, and they are just planning on surveying it again, then I don't think it would be put on the "considered" for Class A list.

My understanding was that a stream section is put on the "considered" for Class A list only if there has been one survey that showed a Class A population.

If the most recent survey was Class C, and they are just planning on surveying it again, then I don't think it would be put on the "considered" for Class A list.
I may have been missing some information he relayed to me. But from how it sounded if the next survey shows the biomass is there, then it could be proposed to the commissioners.

Back