Charles Grove - Obit

wgmiller

wgmiller

I personally didn't know this individual, but in reading his obituary it seems as though he was heavily involved in the fly fishing community and thought maybe others out there did know him. I found it interesting (and very moving) that a GoFundMe has been set up in his memory to build fishing benches at his favorite locations. In reading obituaries throughout the years, it's easy to see what an impact fly fishing has had on the life of others. As we all know, it's more than just "fishing"!

https://lancasteronline.com/obituaries/charles-b-grove-iii/article_d839be0e-23bf-11ec-b74d-d7d54334f8ac.html

(If you are unable to read the obit for some reason, just clear your browsing history)

I never met him. I work with his wife. I had no clue that he was such an accomplished fly fisherman. Martha knows what I drive, but she probably doesn't know what my rod vault roof rack is.

It was a very moving obituary.

Sorry to read this. He was not quite my age, and he was obviously more accomplished than I am. I hope there is a fine river in the spot in the hereafter where he goes where he can find the challenges and enjoyment he deserves. I hope his soul finds rising trout.

Martha is originally from Bogota, Columbia. She can be a little bit difficult to understand because of her heavy South American accent. She is very intelligent and both her son and daughter are graduates of Millersville University.

Again, I had no idea that her husband was this kind of fly fisherman, and made a contribution to GoFundMe.

Charlie was a job foreman on several jobs my employer subcontracted on. We somehow got talking about fly fishing (funny how that works) on one project. Our paths didn’t cross again for a couple of years until one Saturday morning we ran into each other literally in the middle of the Susquehanna river. He was way out fishing me and gave me one of his white bunny strip flies and saved my morning. We stayed in touch for a few years, he’d send pictures of his New England striped bass trips and we met up at the Susky a couple more times. Really good guy and will be missed. My prayers go out to his family.

Back