CDC & Elk Caddis

atlantisboy911

atlantisboy911

I'm gonna be tying some up for the Spring , what color ,sizes do you guys normally tie?

Thanks

tan, black, brown, olive, cream and yellow are always in my box, in sizes from #10-#18.

Same colors as above, except I only tie them from 14-18. Anything smaller, I just use tie a dubbed body with cdc wing. Anything larger, I tie comparaduns, catskills, or use stimulators.

I got some blaze orange cdc this year, and plan to try that. I'd like to replace the "wmd" orange ant with something easier to tie and fish. That fly is killer, but I am partial to cdc.

Thanks for the replies , I'm in the tying them 14-18 camp too.

Jayl let us know how that blaze orange goes for you , the WMD is a great fly, be good to see if it is as successful with CDC. I tied it out of blaze orange foam as well last year with a white hackle but It was no where near as productive as the dubbed body version. I'm sure Paul G is dusting his ant box off right now!

Have you ever tried tying the caddis out of CDC for tail , body and wing like that Swiss dude Marc Petit Jean does, they look really simple yet I imagine the profile would be great with all CDC.

Back