Catskill JAM 2012. Spring is just around the corner.

Yea, plan on going up Thursday to Sunday morning

OK just got off the phone... I got the room booked @ Capra For May and also for June. Damn I gotta get tying!

Sweet! Plan on still allowing me to bunk with you? What day you coming up in May?

I'm headin up April 28th. I'll be there for the whole week and fully expect to sore lip every fish within 10 miles of Hancock. lol! In June I'll head up Thursday. And Either me or Kray got a discounted calander. I think the 6th thru the 9th is a Wed-Sat? But maybe I'm wrong about that, but in the past two JAMs we stayed until Sunday. In any case I believe I'm staying until Sunday. Shane you can room with me. I pack lots of food/booze/fly tying material, but I'm sure you'll still be able to squeeze in to the room some where!

Where do you guys stay? I would like to come up, but I couldn't get there until Friday early evening at the earliest. I would be able to stay into the next week, however, as I would likely bring my RV. Is there a place nearby campground with full RV hook-ups? I would look it up, but I didn't see what town you are staying in. I've never been to the upper D, and would love to tag along fishing with somebody with experience if I can make it. Thanks for any input.

Zenherper,
Many of us are staying at the Capra Inn, in Hancock NY. I think there is a campground nearby. Krayfish is the guy who can get you started on the Upper D. He's very knowledgeable and very helpful too. In fact, he was once referenced as "God's gift to the Delaware" or somethin like that! lol! He did put me into some VERY nice fish last year!

Zen it would be worthwhile to come up. There is enough fishing knowledge up there for you to help you find fish. Especially at that time of the year. Do you have a Pontoon? Also, make sure you bring that Nerf gun up that I left in your car lol

SBecker wrote:
Zen it would be worthwhile to come up. There is enough fishing knowledge up there for you to help you find fish. Especially at that time of the year. Do you have a Pontoon? Also, make sure you bring that Nerf gun up that I left in your car lol

My wife just asked me what I was laughing at... I declined to answer, as she has no knowledge of me being involved in such a night. LOL

I really want to get there for this, so if I can find a campground to accommodate me, I should be good.

http://russellbrookcampsites.hypermart.net/russellbrookcampsite/

I found this site for you as it is close to Hancock. Just type in RV campsites near Hancock NY. Hope that helps.

Here's another one that's over on the EB.

http://www.nypeacefulvalley.com/rates.html

If you want cell signal... pick Shane's

If you don't want cell signal... pick mine.

Russell Brook looks nice. Either of these camps are a 20 minute drive to Hancock. If you split a room, it's around 32.50 per man. Not a bad deal and walking distance to stores / beer. :)

BTW, if you want a site or room during 1st week of June, get cracking or you'll be left sleeping in your car. It's known as bug week in those parts and things fill up quickly.

I'm in. I've decided to get a room at the Capra Inn instead of hauling the camper all the way up there. It will allow me to get there faster on the 8th. I'll be staying till Monday the 11th.

Sweet, bring some Pearl Jam beer for me to drink.

SBecker wrote:
Sweet, bring some Pearl Jam beer for me to drink.

I'm working on getting my hands on a case of Hopslam. But that will not last 2 weeks, let alone til June. I will definitely have something good though.

I do however, still have your toy... :)

You guys and your "fancy pants" beers. You'll find me and Josh drinking PBR or some other crap. LOL.

Shane, don't assume everyone's got a pontoon just cuz you do. :)

I imagine we'll have several wade groups go out, maybe a canoe rental or two. If Josh and/or I float with Brandon in the boat, our pontoons will be freed up for use. Don't forget that the Beaverkill, Willow, Neversink and upper sections are usually better fished by foot so boats aren't needed. Hell, if the releases are 200 cfs, we won't be floating anyhow.

Zen pm'd me.... he's in! There's a few guys from a NY forum that are coming to join in. For those of you who want to compete during the trip (SHANE & BRANDON), we can set up a friendly/not so friendly match between PA & NY anglers. 2 man teams, total inches of fish caught in one or two day match.

Dave, check your PM's. I'll send you Brandon's email and telephone #. He's fired up and thinks that you're the only one that will do a streamer or night float. Also, he wants some info on how to make wine. He's got pounds and pounds of blueberries. Josh told him to boil hot dogs and make wine out of the juice. I believe he called that wine d*ck water. LOL

I am all about streamers at night. I wanted to do it last year after my sweet winnings, but no one else was up for it.

I have no interest in competing on the Delaware other then just a friendly competition. It's all about just being on that river for me.

If I recall Four guys competed for the last beer in my cooler @ the Junction pool and we could even get a chub! lol! How about we do a night float and the poor sob who breaks/ loses the most stuff gets an award. Crushed Shlitz can or something?! I'll call Brandon, see if I learn him some wine technique. I will, for the record, be drinking Yuengling.

As you know, I also enjoy some of that fine Pottsville champagne.

I can't believe that Shane (of all people) would mind throwing $40 in a pot, drawing a partner and doing a little competition. If you were my partner Shane, I'd let you net my fish and take the photos. Fair enough? LOL. If we were going streamer fishing, I'd hope for Dave as a partner, if it was hardcore nymphing I'd hope for Brandon. If I had to choose someone that just plain catches fish any way possible and is one lucky SOB.... Josh.

I would do 20$ a head if 50% of winnings went to FUDR. Not one fly tournament money, but its something.

Dave, I still think about that rainbow I lost at the junction pool. Dang I can not wait to go back up.

Shane may be on to something there. Reasonably cheap, yet a worthwhile cause. I'd do that. I can't get too reckless with the money, I have to pay for 600+ miles of gasoline; that truck don't run on love you know.

*BUMP*

Dates for the Catskill get together..... June 7, 8, 9 & 10

Just a reminder. Somehow the old 2011 thread ended up infront of this one.

Back