Big PA Brown

SlingerFlyRods

SlingerFlyRods

An angler i know sent me a picture of a big PA brown he caught . Very nice to see a fish this size around.

How large was it?

Stocker from the Little J.

Pack your bags boys! We're headed to the Little J!!!

So that would confirm that it was indeed caught in PA then!

There's a fish in that pic? I can't get over all that tippet.

Just kidding, great fish.

Hold a fish at the right angle to the camera and you can really make it look large at first appearance. That's not a small fish by any means but it's also not as long as a taimen as it appears to be at first glance.

That's an interesting concept, however his arms arent distorted despite being in the same frame and general distance from the camera. Can you expound on your hypothesis?

Huge brown for sure. I tend to agree with Mcksneek. I think there is some camera trickeration is going on there. For one you have the deep backdrop in the background with the vast majority of the angler outside the frame. I get the sense that he is closer to the camera than initially perceived. I would hazard a guess that the brown is in the 25 inch range and appears over 30 based on the photo. But really at that size does it really make a difference, not too me:) and I credit the camera man for taking an outstanding shot!!!

no idea on the length, he did not say. But he did use an HDR camera if that makes a difference

Ha, Cant accept that it's just a good picture of a nice brown without a few conspiracy theories.

3wt7X wrote:
Huge brown for sure. I tend to agree with Mcksneek. I think there is some camera trickeration is going on there. For one you have the deep backdrop in the background with the vast majority of the angler outside the frame. I get the sense that he is closer to the camera than initially perceived. I would hazard a guess that the brown is in the 25 inch range and appears over 30 based on the photo. But really at that size does it really make a difference, not too me:) and I credit the camera man for taking an outstanding shot!!!

Agree with 3wt above.

It's a beautiful fish.

No camera trickery going on there. I have a good idea where that brown was caught.

Ron

That's a big fish. I wonder what kind of egg pattern it was caught on...

The fish has the appearance of one that is headed over the back side of life's mountain. It also has the appearance of being a formerly stocked fish without even looking at the color. It is a nice specimen though. I would have liked to have seen it about a year ago.

Mike wrote:
The fish has the appearance of one that is headed over the back side of life's mountain. It also has the appearance of being a formerly stocked fish without even looking at the color. It is a nice specimen though. I would have liked to have seen it about a year ago.

Go to his sight he has a picture of it from about a year ago.

I'm seeing at least 3 different waters. I know that I fish 2 of them specifically looking for potential fish of a lifetime

Back