Best Epoxy for eyelet repair

BrooksAndHooks

BrooksAndHooks

Hey guys, need to purchase some rod building epoxy or something similar, had a seat in my fathers car fall back onto my rod and crack the epoxy around the thread, structurally everything is fine not but I would like to sand and refinish it to keep it in good shape now that it is cracked and prevent it from being damaged down the line. I have found a few products searching online but was hoping that you could recommend something I can get locally or online for 10 bucks or less. I understand I could use fingernail polish as a temporary fix but would like to do a more permanent job with a more flexible coating. This is a cheaper rod but my first one, and I would like to take care of it as it holds sentimental value. Thanks for your help,

Ryan

Get a decent rod thread finish. Many brands out there.

Get something that is two part and mix it yourself. The single part is very thin and will take several coats.

You will have to turn the rod consistently while it dries.

Where in scpa are you? I have a couple diff rod finishes pm if you like

Thanks guys, anything specifics brand name wise to type in. I'm just not sure where to go and get it, live in the middle of nowhere. I'm not what you typically consider scpa, about an hour and a half from you, but thanks for the offer.

yeah, I realize the rod will need to be turned constantly. I'll figure that out once I get the stuff.

Thanks again.

For 2 part finishes I use Flex Coat or Threadmaster, usually the "lite" version of both. If there is no structural damage to the blank or the eye, and you aren't concerned about cosmetics, you could apply fresh Flex Coat over the original finish.

Back