Bald Eagle Creek

They stocked fingerlings below the dam since 2016. They Must not be that great at providing information or you would of known that and not of said they did once in 2017 which is incorrect.

It would be nice some time in the future to have bald eagle cleaned up in the future but there's a lot to do before that I would think like clean up beech creek which has always been polluted flowing right into it.

Hook_Jaw wrote:
It would be nice some time in the future to have bald eagle cleaned up in the future but there's a lot to do before that I would think like clean up beech creek which has always been polluted flowing right into it.

This is what I always thought. If Beech Creek we're to improve, it would help the Bald eagle dramatically I think. Plus Beech Creek would be a great place to fish.

I remember in the 80's it looked like the color of ocean water coming into bald eagle one side blue one side green.

jifigz wrote:
bigjohn58 wrote:
Mike wrote:
Check the lists; I just did! It is not on the Class A list below Sayers, proposed for Class A below Sayers, or being considered for Class A below Sayers. End of story.

It was being considered for class A last year. I laughed when I heard it. Actually I heard they even did a fingerling stocking at the spillway. I bet the musky, walleye, bass, and any other larger predatory fish loved that stocking!

It was not being considered for Class A last year. The section of stream that was being considered for Class A is the section that is now on the Class A list. Up until the most recent Class A list Bald Eagle Creek was never listed on the Class A list.

It was too being considered for Class A in 3 sections below the dam last year. Look up previous threads on Bald Eagle Creek. We discussed it here last year. They were considering right below the dam, a small section in Beech Creek, and then below where Fishing Creek dumps out.

It's like you said John there are trout in there hard not to be with marsh creek being stocked all these years but that's big water and hard to fish good luck fishing to anyone who thinks they want to fish it there's a lot better water around.

Spring creek, fishing creek, penns creek, pine creek, little pine, little J just to name a couple.

Hook_Jaw wrote:
They stocked fingerlings below the dam since 2016. They Must not be that great at providing information or you would of known that and not of said they did once in 2017 which is incorrect.

How do you know that? And, honestly, it doesn't matter. Trout fishing in this state is top-notch and wild browns are everywhere. But why would this not show it? This is the fingerlings stocking from 2016.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180308-145308-432x768.png
    Screenshot_20180308-145308-432x768.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 5
Nevermind. Lol. I wasn't thinking Clinton County. Now let me reevaluate. They may have stocked fingerlings there for years.

jifigz wrote:
Nevermind. Lol. I wasn't thinking Clinton County. Now let me reevaluate. They may have stocked fingerlings there for years.

Yup once you get past Beech Creek you are into Centre County. They have been doing it a couple of years now. Personally I think its a waste of fish. You NEVER catch small ones there it seems. I don't know what happens to the fingerlings except for food for other fish.

John the guy fishing the last time I was at the spillway said he caught a big walleye with a 9 inch bass in it's mouth so those fingerlings are great treats in there im sure lol.

Unless the fish commission hasn't said has only been since 2016 but who knows when they have extras left over they put them in places.

I don't wanna make it seem I wanna argue with everyone would be great to be cleaned up but there's ALOT of work to do it.

Hook_Jaw wrote:
John the guy fishing the last time I was at the spillway said he caught a big walleye with a 9 inch bass in it's mouth so those fingerlings are great treats in there im sure lol.

Unless the fish commission hasn't said has only been since 2016 but who knows when they have extras left over they put them in places.

I don't wanna make it seem I wanna argue with everyone would be great to be cleaned up but there's ALOT of work to do it.

Hook_Jaw I believe we are on the same exact page on this topic and seem to be agreeing in EVERY possible way. I haven't been to the spillway in a long time. I'll have to get down there sometime this year. When I was a teen I had some great times there!

Get's fished to hard anymore but it's a nice change of pace to small stream fishing.

Back