ASHAMED!

Lyco, you got it, Used to be a farming, Agriculture, Forestry, Citizenship, Animal industry, Beef Production, Botany, corn farming, dairying, farm arrangement, insect life, nature, public speaking, soil and water conservation, wildlife management, zoology and get this one, maybe the best BROTHERHOOD! MERIT BADGES!

Yep, the good ol "boy scouts". How we forget when we get old! My bet is some will be Doctors, Scientists, Lawyers, Farmers, Congressmen, Senators and President!

Now, you can call me fool, or you can call me right.

2. as far as Wally and Beav. They are talkers, fishing is generally 2nd or 3rd on their list. They talk BIG but fish SLOW!

Problem is the "good ol boy scouts" do not exist anymore.... So what exactly do you wish to see to improve Penns?

They are everywhere on Penns. I saw lot's of them. And I will say this, "The good ol Boy Scouts looked pretty good and strong to me".

I would like to see the Scouts, patroll the banks of Penns, pick up sticks and debris around the camps, check fire pits at cabins for safety, check for any problems at camps along Penns. Convey to landowners the importance of lifting posters and allow full access to Penns.

And also include the Girl Scouts.

It would be like a GREAT TEAM, naturally, i would want the best players on my team. Youth and Speed Team!

A Camporee or maybe a Jamboree would get the ball rolling.

If i was on the Fish Commission, i would have had these Scouts on my team 50 years ago!

Maxima12

maxima12 wrote:

If i was on the Fish Commission, i would have had these Scouts on my team 50 years ago!

Maxima12

It's hard to beat free labor. And really both parties benefit. The fish commish gets strong able bodied people that do what they are told and the scouts get credit for merit badges and other projects. I know I would have rather done stream work for my eagle scout project than what I did.

I like your style Maxima12. I really do hope I run into you one of these days.

There are plenty of opportunities for Scouts and other groups to help plant trees and shrubs in riparian buffers, and to help maintain the buffers in the years after they've been planted.

Many conservancies and watershed groups have volunteer programs to work on riparian buffer projects. If Scout Troops want to volunteer, their local conservancies would be a good place to check.

Regarding helping with stream cleanups, many scout troops already do this. And more would be very welcome.

There are a great many annual stream cleanups done across PA. Usually in mid-April.

There was a stream cleanup on Penns Creek this year, April 20, I believe. And it's held every year.

If anything, special regs teach kids today that our resources need special protection! This is a necessary lesson on wild trout waters.

The days of yore when you could fish any stream with hook and bait and keep all you catch --including wild trout waters that should be protected-- are disappearing. And rightly so. Kids need to know how precious these waters are.

Anyways, there countless opportunities in stocked waters and warm water ponds and lakes and rivers, to fish with bait, keep your fish (if you don't mind easting heavy metals) and let kids be kids.

You can listen to Mr Maxima a.k.a. Mr DC preach the same garb about the J on another social media!

blkpowder, I am not on other social medias. As far as preaching goes. You must have an open ear. so I would suggest you get your stories right . Instead of blackpowder maybe whitesmoke is more fitting.

Maxima12

I miss GOT already

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 3
Oh I have an open ear! If you claim you are not preaching the same on another social media, then one of you two sir, are committing plagiarism! Because, almost word for word is being preached on that site!!! Your words: To learn that the little one's, boys and girls rights were stripped away without any regard, to their happiness, their joy, their sense of accomplishment! A small child, i would say, has no idea of fly fishing, wild trout, catch an release, slotted regs. etc.,etc.
But, they sure all know worms, hooks, pole! What a pleasure it must be to sit on the front porch of creekside cabins and watch the young at work. enjoying fishing, catching crayfish, singing and laughing. Whatever, just enjoying themselves. These same words have been used on the other site.

Looks like I have a follower. I am ok with that! Or maybe someone is just making fun at me. Wonder if they are using my name. Maxima12.

Well, someone is following and perhaps many more will follow.

Maxima12 would like to thank his followers, so, "Shine on, you crazy diamonds".

Back