Articulated Fly Swap

I sent mine out on Wednesday. No receive yet?

Well be on the lookout for some olive zoo cougars. Funny, I sent a bunch of stuff out last week and everybody received everything, cept those streamers. My mailman has to be a flyfishermen that does not tye.

Sorry I'm slacking on this. Been busy as hell with work, and health issues with my new son has had us running into the city to St Christophers a few times a week. I should have mine done by Wed or Thurs. My apologies. For some reason I though the deadline was mid-March.

Hope all is well with your family! Streamers can take a backseat!!

JH

SBecker the flies just go here today. I guess the mailman wanted one 60 degree morning to fish before they arrived. They look great!

Dubthethorax, hope everything is ok with your son. No rush on the flies, if you find you don't have the time I'll tie another set to replace yours just send me your name and address and I'll still send you out the swap flies. Just let me know.

Thanks all but I should be able to get them done, just maybe a day or two late.

My son..well...they can't quite figure out what's wrong with him. He's had really bad breathing and stuffiness which wont go away but there's no liquid up his nose. They put him under and on a breathing machine on Tues and scoped his nose, throat, and jammed a camera into his lungs. Then thursday we had to do a barium swallow and milk study. They didnt find anything weird so far so we have to do more tests.

Sorry again on the delay.

Decided on some big eyed baitfish in olive. These will fish for pretty much anything, but I've done well on bass with similar ones.

Rear - Orvis size 8 straight eye streamer hook (the straight vertical eye on this gives them a nice wiggle)
Front - 3XL standard streamer hook, size 6

Trailer - olive marabou, olive sili-legs
connection - 30 lb nylon coated steel leader, glass bead
Front hook - olive marabou, angel hair flash, olive schlappen, olive craft fur, Senyo laser dub, eye glued on with zap-a-gap

I managed to get all the trailers done tonight.

Attachments

• finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 2
  • group.jpg
    group.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 2
Dub, those look awesome. More importantly, hopefully everything with your son turns out alright.

Flies are in the mail; let me know when you get them.

Huntinfool....flies arrived today! Look great....we are getting there...

I just have to glue eyes tonight. They'll be in the mail tomorrow and I'll put a rush on them.

packing em' up now.

Attachments

• green.jpg
    green.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 2
goodfortune...flies are here. They look great!

my flies are done, will be in the mail monday. Didn't make the post office yesterday, sorry for the delay.
JH

Here is the Updated list:

flyfishermanj - Galloup's Barely Legal
goodfortune - TBA - Received
Sbecker - TBA - Received
sniperfreak223 - Articulated Ice Pick - Received
GRP - Black Circus Peanut - Received
midnightangler - Pictured fly - Received
Jay348 - Chubby Muffin - Received
HuntinFool - TBA - Received
dubthethorax - TBA
bobbymo - Peanut Envy

Nice Job! So the only two left are flyfishermanj and dubthethorax. flyfishermanj sorry we couldn't connect and get out on the stream..thanks for mailing them. Both of these guys have the flies done and they are on the way so I will be getting everything out to you guys as soon as I can.

The fly I've submitted is called the muff diver. I can post a recipe if this is something that people want.

I'm going to do my best to catch a fish on each streamer that I receive and post pictures.

Mine will arrive on Monday. They are in the mail.

Dub...flies are here....look great!

Back