Article from the New York Times.

Best ever, Perhaps? I was always a believer, "The best has yet to come". A simple task, "New Anglers", New Beginning. And we have trouble! Seems no one wants a new beginning! As i look back in life a "new beginning", happened about every other week.

Hippie, i was, paisley shirts, narue jacket, bell bottoms, O'leary and Floyd! I got by! Hipsters and flat brimmers, "whatever that means", do not these want to get by also! You know the people my age were the Hippies and look what they have done! "sold out". "Cheap".

A new age of fly fishing, New people, the new "creedo"!

Buy a Fishing license, Why? Because? = Start! Why not? If you are a big corporation, a fishing license instead of a turkey or ham, may be an answer! Turkey and ham lasts a couple days, License is a gift of a lifetime! I live in a Fantasy World, A handshake and smoke is all I offer! Well that's a lot more than the others offer!

Maxima12

maxima12 wrote:

Hippie, i was, paisley shirts, narue jacket, bell bottoms...

Got photos?

Yep, got some! I could upload for truth but who needs it. Is not a mans word good enough! The mysterious Maxima12, why come out of the darkness, "for what". See what, "I am a image of you! Just like you, "I live to see tomorrow". Tomorrow, might be the best day! I can only compare to what has been before! Today is Maxima12 history, tomorrow is Mystery! But as a Hippie i will help you! Desperado, Eagles album, will take you far! Not by day but by night, comfortable evening with that "shine on face", satisfied a longing to fish again! The days hectics aside with a smooth transition into tomorrow! See New Yorker, smooth Pennsylvanians, that's why you cross the border! We got it, you want it, "TIME TO PAY". A soft whisper of thanks is O K now! With that we can count on a Yell in the future! I will blow my horn and you fly the kite. Together we will find how to attach the notes and fly them "in every direction", a note that will be the chord everyone wants to hear!

How about that you Hipsters and Millennials . You up for the chord or just the simple note! You would be better off spending your bucks on Pa. rather than the whitewash New York times. Buy a license in Pa. and Max will paint you any color you like. Custom and 2 tone extra!

Well, The "essence" fills the air, I get a faint smell! Grab some Gals and bring them along. Maxima12 loves the smell of "Sweet Perfume". The Gals will help us to discover ourselves again!

Maxima12

maxima12 wrote:
Yep, got some! I could upload for truth but who needs it. Is not a mans word good enough!

I never doubted you for a second.

I asked to see the photos because they would be fun to see. It would be of "historical interest."

The young people would be amazed.

Many people, I would say most, wore bell bottom jeans back then. And paisley shirts were very common too. I don't think either of those were very far out.

But Nehru jackets...those were rare.

If you wore a Nehru jacket in central PA, kudos to you!

also, my straight hair into a huge afro and don't forget the platform shoes. I am 6ft 3in, add the hair and shoes. Must have been a scary sight! There was a clothes catalog way back, I believe it was called eleganza clothing. Pirate shirts were cool also, lace up front and balloon sleves. Naturally i did not lace up. I just wanted to be "free".

How does this relate to fly fishing. Let me tell you! As time passed and i got older, cut my freak flag and wore a suit and tie and wingtips. I was caught several times, once standing in Big Pine Creek and once standing in Little Pine Creek knee deep flyfishing with my suit and tie, ruining a great pair of wingtips! I walked across Spring Creek below the hatchery in this outfit also and gave the Penn State Angler teacher, one after Joe H. several large bags of leaders. He passed them to students and did a study on the leaders. Can not remember his name but he might have remember that moment. So don't count the hippies, hipsters and mills out. So. hold on, see some strange dude crossing the stream in a suit and tie with wingtips, don't run, it might be me, maybe better, someone like me! I would find it hard to believe another exists. The "Missing Link".

Well I know my chain has many links missing but somehow I manage to keep it together!

Maxima12

Fishbait mentioned a possible shortage of hackle......

Nothing will compare to 10 years ago when saddle hackle was being scarfed up by the hair dressing industry because Steven Tyler wore a feather in his hair during American Idol.

I should have sold some then, but was fearful that I would never get it back or too lazy to buy more when the fad ended.

In spite of this article, I did hear a radio spot which has me thinking the exact opposite.

It was a Tommy John commercial. They claim that their horizontal opening "will make fly fishing a thing of the past". Scary language

Any thoughts Maxima??

Krayfish2, Yep! Tommy John is wrong. I studied this and came up with the "New", "improved", fly fishing shooting basket. Longer straps that allow my line and all my junk and a packed lunch to fit perfect in the "New", "Improved", basket! I have applied for a "Patent". Naturally, keeping fly tying in mind, "Fur Lined".

I will call this: Maxima12's - New Freedom System!

Maxima12

maxima12 wrote:
Krayfish2, Yep! Tommy John is wrong. I studied this and came up with the "New", "improved", fly fishing shooting basket. Longer straps that allow my line and all my junk and a packed lunch to fit perfect in the "New", "Improved", basket! I have applied for a "Patent". Naturally, keeping fly tying in mind, "Fur Lined".

I will call this: Maxima12's - New Freedom System!

Maxima12

I see Maxie more as a Duluth guy than a Tommy Johner to keep the nuts in the basket....:p

Attachments

• duluth uns.jpg
    duluth uns.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
Would need a full body brief for maxima.

Back