Are you ready ? The fall run is almost upon us .........

jay348 wrote:
Fredrick wrote:
had a big fish blow up on my BMG about a rods length away either the fish missed the fly or it seen me and stop at the last second. .

giant trevally?

I wish stripers of course

very nice.

oops...hope i didn't just burn nomoco's best-kept, super-secret fishery...

I always think the same two things after watching his videos:

1. he's incredibly talented with the filming/editing/production process.

2. he either fishes a ton, or knows exactly where to fish to get some of those shots.

Can't wait for the full version now. Thanks, Fred.

Frederick,
thank you for sharing, I am still itching to get on the Jetties.

I'm heading out this monday hopefully you more than welcome to join

The rumor is that there's some very good fishing for bass up and down the NJ shore late this year. Like last December, the ocean is warm and fish are thick. As of today, the shore water temps are hovering around 45 degrees. Boat anglers (see Mike's reports) seem to be doing very well. The folks at Shore Catch Guide Service are smoking 'em this week.

Nevertheless, access for shore bound tourists remains questionable. Apparently Seaside Heights reopened a few days ago but this appears to be only for property owners/businesses etc.
Speaking only for myself, I dearly missed the autumn surf fishing season but considering the distance and Sandy aftermath.....I won't be hitting the shore until spring 2013 at the soonest.
Local folks with better info ought to be able to find places to fish.
Now would be the time to do it. Let us know how you made out.

I've been in hiding. money is tight with all the holiday shopping and trying to get the kayak ready for spring. I did a lite school semester so I can hit it hard in the spring.
last year the fish never left. guys were catching bass in mid February. my one friend who lives in the Monmouth area always updates me. he is still catching fish, mostly shorts in the 15 to 24 inch range with the stray keepers sized fish slipping in.
with this whole bunker reduction thing im hoping we will see crazy action in the spring. just cant wait to break out the 10 wt in the middle of the ocean with 30 and 40 pound bass around me. just need to find a bunker pattern that they will take. I've been playing around with a few from this guys website.http://www.bayflyfishing.com/flytying.htm haven't got them wet yet but they look sick.

good luck on Monday fred

marc

I didn't make it to the suds on Monday I was hoping my new NRX would of showed up in the mail before hand and it didn't plus the wind over the weekend turned the water up to the point were it looked like chocolate milk . So I just stayed in and tied up some flies . :-D

I got out in Sea Girt on the 26th. Tried to fly fish with the new CTS 10wt I built but the wind was hawking out of the NNE - 15-20 mph. I broke out the spinning rod. Fished dawn through 1 pm. Worked hard for 2 20"ers on a bucktail/gulp combo. Water was a washing machine with 6-8' waves as the NE storm was pushing in.

I'm hoping to get out again in the next few weeks.

Fredrick wrote:
Got my new line set up in the mail today the running line is ridge 30 lb int with a Sci Anglers Skagit Extreme head 480 gr. int with several tips . I practiced a little today and came close to casting the whole line a few times. My average cast was about 110' so far :-D

Good vid for SWFred: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho7ZqGS8saI&feature=share&list=ULho7ZqGS8saI

evofly wrote:
I got out in Sea Girt on the 26th. Tried to fly fish with the new CTS 10wt I built but the wind was hawking out of the NNE - 15-20 mph. I broke out the spinning rod

Thats a normal day at the beach, you need practice...

afishinado wrote:
Fredrick wrote:
Got my new line set up in the mail today the running line is ridge 30 lb int with a Sci Anglers Skagit Extreme head 480 gr. int with several tips . I practiced a little today and came close to casting the whole line a few times. My average cast was about 110' so far :-D

Good vid for SWFred: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho7ZqGS8saI&feature=share&list=ULho7ZqGS8saI

That is exactly were I bought the rod and line from at tweed . I plan on practicing allot more once the weather gets a little warmer .

Fredrick wrote:
afishinado wrote:
Fredrick wrote:

That is exactly were I bought the rod and line from at tweed . I plan on practicing allot more once the weather gets a little warmer .

Good luck with that set-up Saltman. Let us know how it works out.

sandfly wrote:
evofly wrote:
I got out in Sea Girt on the 26th. Tried to fly fish with the new CTS 10wt I built but the wind was hawking out of the NNE - 15-20 mph. I broke out the spinning rod

Thats a normal day at the beach, you need practice...

lol. that was my thought exactly.

also, if you're in a boat can't you just manouver it so you can fish downwind ?

and the productivity of my work day is officially gone...

Pete's videos never disapoint

Love his videos and I've never even fished the salt. Wonder how many hours of raw footage he starts with before editing it down. Vimeo has a lot of cool fishing videos.

Hey there, glad you guys like the work!

With regards to amount of footage, I don't know exactly how much, but there are hundreds of clips taken throughout a year and they typically range from 2-10 minutes each. So, if there are 300 clips for the year at an average of probably 4minutes, then maybe 20-25 hours of footage to make a 20min of output. Maybe a tad more?

-Peter

Back