Anyone use Flymen Fishing Company products?

5d1159b2.jpg

Ramcatt wrote:
a hook in the back does not make the fly articulated..the movement needs to be in the fly
a bare moveable hook off the back of the fly's body is not "articulation"

the # of hooks has nothing to do with "stingers"... its the position of the hook behind the main body of the fly.. rigging can vary

i mentioned earlier how these "AS" are not designed for effective rigging
- fireline/mono- loop to big and intrusive
- junction tube- loop to big
- hook in the loop- loose leverage

plus
-they are too light
-they have a flat eye
-they make ugly flies

You are absolutely correct in all of your statements above in my opinion. I can't see how those things make these devices non-articulated. They are useful in single fly/single hook regulations. They definitively would impart action.

he's thinking strictly as a stinger hook, most of the rest of us think about two simple lengths, including a long streamer hook back there.

we don't work on ramcatt's level. we are but humble country bumpkins of fly fishin', he is elite.

Muppets

Attachments

• Meat Locker.jpg
    Meat Locker.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 3
SBecker wrote:
JohnnyUtah wrote:
Why don't save time and just buy a rapala. They make jointed.

Man. you just do not know what you are missing until you start chucking Muppet babies. 6 inches of huge brown catching capabilities.

Ok kelly

moar then 3 steps involved Johnny boy cant tie it so it's dumb

And awayyyyyy weeeeeee gooooooooooooooooooooo

RowJimmy wrote:

I didnt say articulated streamers where dumb. Your putting words in my mouth. You also didnt understand my comment. Not surprised seeing you tie dubbin on a hook and call it amazing. Boy? I think im old enough to be your father. Lord knows i would kill myself if i were.

I said the rapala comment in reference to the sculpin heads. How far do you go with a "fly" before its a lore? I through in they make a jointed one as a joke.

The ok kelly is in reference to Kelly Galloup Who is huge on articulated streamers. Jeeze dont you kids know anything j/k

Jimmy green isnt your color.

JohnnyUtah wrote:

Boy? I think im old enough to be your father. Lord knows i would kill myself if i were...Jeeze dont you kids know anything j/k

Johnny, don't bag on the young'ns please. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Ok, so since I didn't contribute anything last post, i Need to achieve an equilibrium in my "post Karma." Here we go:
I have tried some of their products and love `em, and think they are all inventive, creative, and just totally fly. (bad pun,sorry) Although, the nymph head beads, imo are a waste, unless you like the tungsten and colors. Because, no offense to them (because those are pretty nice beads), you can just paint a pupil on them, if you really want lil' eyeballs THAT BAD.

They look neat, but are too expensive for my tastes. I am not too big on tying imitative streamers, and prefer to include lots of suggestive features with movement. You can fish a fuzzy sculpin imitation on a stream with no sculpins and kill 'em, just as you can fish a purple monstrosity on the same stream and do just as well. They are predators that don't mind eating something they haven't seen before.

The sculpin helmets are particularly neat, but don't really interest me enough to buy any. I only really tie close matches for sculpins for spring creeks, and think that those heads aren't a close enough match for my tastes.

JohnnyUtah wrote:
I said the rapala comment in reference to the sculpin heads. How far do you go with a "fly" before its a lore? I through in they make a jointed one as a joke.

I hate to wade into this nonsense, but for what its worth all flies are lures.

The lore of them is something entirely different.

gfen wrote:
JohnnyUtah wrote:

I hate to wade into this nonsense, but for what its worth all flies are lures.

The lore of them is something entirely different.

Says the King of nonsense. Your posts are the credo cries of a nitpicker.

JohnnyUtah wrote:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lure
1. anything that attracts, entices, or allures.
3. a decoy; live or especially artificial bait used in fishing or trapping.
-
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fly
3. Angling. a fishhook dressed with hair, feathers, silk, tinsel, etc., so as to resemble an insect or small fish, for use as a lure or bait.
--
JohnnyUtah wrote:
Says the King of nonsense.

Indeed, it was something akin to that, yes?

JohnnyUtah wrote:
RowJimmy wrote:

I didnt say articulated streamers where dumb. Your putting words in my mouth. You also didnt understand my comment. Not surprised seeing you tie dubbin on a hook and call it amazing. Boy? I think im old enough to be your father. Lord knows i would kill myself if i were.

The ok kelly is in reference to Kelly Galloup Who is huge on articulated streamers. Jeeze dont you kids know anything j/k

g

Dubbing on a hook is amazing and that's a well documented fact. Yes I am a boy? Half boy man thing? Whatever that's not important here. I don't care how old you are you're still a troll. I understood the Kelly reference just fine and I thought it was stupid, just like your video of the RS-2 that one took a huge amount of skill.

Green with envy? Right! You nailed that one, I cant wait for your next video that no one will watch.

gfen wrote:
JohnnyUtah wrote:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lure
1. anything that attracts, entices, or allures.
3. a decoy; live or especially artificial bait used in fishing or trapping.
-
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fly
3. Angling. a fishhook dressed with hair, feathers, silk, tinsel, etc., so as to resemble an insect or small fish, for use as a lure or bait.
--
JohnnyUtah wrote:
Says the King of nonsense.

Indeed, it was something akin to that, yes?

Thank you for proving my point. Your a nonsense nitpicker. Please enlighten me on how i should of phrased my question. Please show everyone how much of relentless nitpicker you are.

gaeronf wrote:
Ok, so since I didn't contribute anything last post, i Need to achieve an equilibrium in my "post Karma." Here we go:
I have tried some of their products and love `em, and think they are all inventive, creative, and just totally fly. (bad pun,sorry) Although, the nymph head beads, imo are a waste, unless you like the tungsten and colors. Because, no offense to them (because those are pretty nice beads), you can just paint a pupil on them, if you really want lil' eyeballs THAT BAD.

The little eye balls are kinda dumb. But the worst part about those beads is the fact that after they have been bounced off rocks a few times that start to lose their color.

RowJimmy wrote:
JohnnyUtah wrote:
RowJimmy wrote:

g

Dubbing on a hook is amazing and that's a well documented fact. Yes I am a boy? Half boy man thing? Whatever that's not important here. I don't care how old you are you're still a troll. I understood the Kelly reference just fine and I thought it was stupid, just like your video of the RS-2 that one took a huge amount of skill.

Green with envy? Right! You nailed that one, I cant wait for your next video that no one will watch.

Troll??? Your hypocrisy knows no bound.

I dont make videos to show off, Im not a child. I make them so people who want to watch them can. I could careless if you watch them. I enjoy making them and sharing them. No one watches... I dont know, I guess my analytics are broken...

gaeronf wrote:

I think the nymph head beads are no longer being produced... So i heard.

I have used the fish skulls... Super heavy, and they worked great for stripers and smallies on the big d. But i cant say they were anymore effective than a regular clouser.

Back